Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragz

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2006
Launceston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
My young fella is playing his first Auskick Halftime this weekend. So looking forward to seeing if the little kids matches are more exciting than the adults :)

Outside of that, our Mids really need to stand up in this match. They've been poor at preventing transition and poor at transitioning the ball to our forward line.
Would love to see Shiels step up this week. We've needed him to be our 2nd/3rd Mid, but he's still been our 4th.
Fast Transition please.

Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We should win. Should.

Won’t be surprised if we don’t, and as we’re really just playing out the season for pride and draft picks, there’s at least a silver lining if we fail.
We have zero confidence which is possible the biggest factor in the game.

We also the fear of losing to a side that hasn't won a game.
Its a terrible mix.

All hypotherical but play them in the first 4 rounds we probably win by 5-6 goals.
Now its almost a flip a coin game.

We should win. Should.

Won’t be surprised if we don’t, and as we’re really just playing out the season for pride and draft picks, there’s at least a silver lining if we fail.
I struggle to see the silver lining. I will be gutted if we drop this game because it signals that not only are we light on for talent but heart as well.

On Nokia 6.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jazzfan

Club Legend
Apr 12, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I struggle to see the silver lining. I will be gutted if we drop this game because it signals that not only are we light on for talent but heart as well.

On Nokia 6.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

100%. If we drop this game, questions really need to be asked about our leadership group and senior players. Especially if they are the right mix to lead us through this rebuild.

We, even being a bottom 4 team, will put out more talent than North on the weekend. It's played on a ground we enjoy a really good advantage at. Our leaders and senior players need to take any notion of a lack of confidence out of it, and lead the way.

Last edited:
100%. If we drop this game, questions really need to be asked about our leadership group.
If we drop this game...we might conclude.....that we’re s**t?

No way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jazzfan

Club Legend
Apr 12, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If we drop this game...we might conclude.....that we’re sh*t?

No way.

That's a given.

I will also start to consider, significantly, we might have a dearth of leaders to lead us through this rebuild from a loss but.

Our leaders need to show up. If not, it just raises questions about who wants to be there.

It's why Jaegar has been special in the games he's played this year, he's literally put us on his back at times it feels. I'd love to see some more senior players bring that this weekend.

That's a given.

I will also start to consider, significantly, we have a dearth of leaders to lead us through this rebuild from a loss but.

Our leaders need to show up. If not, it just raises questions about who wants to be there.
Regardless of whether we win, lose or draw, our list concerns and issues are unchanged.

We already know we’re missing key players, that we’re low on confidence, low on run and dare. Leadership is just another thing to add to that which needs improvement.

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
My young fella is playing his first Auskick Halftime this weekend. So looking forward to seeing if the little kids matches are more exciting than the adults :)

Outside of that, our Mids really need to stand up in this match. They've been poor at preventing transition and poor at transitioning the ball to our forward line.
Would love to see Shiels step up this week. We've needed him to be our 2nd/3rd Mid, but he's still been our 4th.
Fast Transition please.
Tell him not to over-exert himself. Hawks might need him in the second half!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back