2021 Non-Crows AFL Talk 2: are the VFL corrupt?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
I heard one bloke talking to Whately yesterday morning who didn’t see the initial incident but was adamant that the other blokes were instigating it all, his story went a bit wonky and Whately asked him if he was telling the truth at the end which I thought was very odd.
Richmond fans trying to make sure their players aren't in hot water?
Who rings up a radio station just to lie through their teeth?

subaru

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bay 13: Flog of the Year
Nov 14, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide

For Gods Sake
These people.....

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
So what came first.

The reptile or the egg?
All this egg talk reminded me of this...

images.jpeg.jpg

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
Richmond fans trying to make sure their players aren't in hot water?
Who rings up a radio station just to lie through their teeth?
No idea if he was lying or not, just found it interesting that Whately asked that, not what you’d normally expect. The bloke sounded like a bit rough around the edges.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Do what you want when playing Power Reserves but it’s hardly fair to expect an SANFL supporter to cough up for an AFL ticket to watch SANFL.
I’m a season Sturt member, I get into every H&A game for “free”, so do I get in for free at an AFL game if we’re playing Power Reserves or Adelaide?
Have a think before having a b*tch.
Should be our home game anyway.

Would be good if our Reserves games are curtain raisers to tge AFL game.

Great for supporters and easier for the club too.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Once again, the egg. Reptiles evolved when fish crawled out of the sea, and fish lay eggs as well.

Next question is "Fish or Egg?"... and it's at this point that my memory of David Attenborough's "Life on Earth" series becomes a bit sketchy. There are/were predecessors, from which fish evolved - but I can't remember what they were, or how they reproduced.
I remember in biology our teacher said that eggs evolved as well. First a translucent almost fluid state barely resembling an egg, basically an external womb. Evolving into what we know today.

My question has always been who saw it come out of an animals bum and thought to eat it?

And thankfully our tastebuds didn't decide faecal matter is tasty......

I remember in biology our teacher said that eggs evolved as well. First a translucent almost fluid state barely resembling an egg, basically an external womb. Evolving into what we know today.

My question has always been who saw it come out of an animals bum and thought to eat it?

Cloaca rather than bum

Close enough.

It is funny though isn't it. The person who thought: "I'll have some fried preserved pig, and some of that hen's menstrual cycle for breakfast please".

Oct 7, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide

A lot of animals need to eat poop. Rabbits especially need to eat, poop, then eat their poop to double break down the cellulose and extract enough nutrients. They lack the complex gut of cows, so get to eat poop.

Most carnivorous animals have a tendency to parasites and toxic bacteria in their poop, so we probably learned pretty quickly that a) it's dangerous to eat our poop, and b) it's a bit unseemly.

We might get away with it eating rabbit or cow poop if keen...

Most infants will at least give it a crack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
A lot of animals need to eat poop. Rabbits especially need to eat, poop, then eat their poop to double break down the cellulose and extract enough nutrients. They lack the complex gut of cows, so get to eat poop.

Most carnivorous animals have a tendency to parasites and toxic bacteria in their poop, so we probably learned pretty quickly that a) it's dangerous to eat our poop, and b) it's a bit unseemly.

We might get away with it eating rabbit or cow poop if keen...

Most infants will at least give it a crack.
Jews and Muslims can't eat Pork as they are deemed "unclean"...

But rabbit, who eats poop, all good.

Oh well, more spare ribs n crackling for us.

BronCrow

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Should be our home game anyway.

Would be good if our Reserves games are curtain raisers to tge AFL game.

Great for supporters and easier for the club too.

I have a home and away membership for Norwood, which allows me free entry to all Norwood minor round games. Should I have to pay AFL prices to watch Norwood play our reserves in a curtain raiser at Adelaide Oval?

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I have a home and away membership for Norwood, which allows me free entry to all Norwood minor round games. Should I have to pay AFL prices to watch Norwood play our reserves in a curtain raiser at Adelaide Oval?
Yes.

Then get a discount (slight reduction) on your membership as it omits Crows games at AO.

Or use your Crows membership and get to the game early

Actually, it would be better to have the SANFL team player after. Sub doesn't play, plays that game. Apart from 7pm AFL games.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I dont think the State game should be played before the Port game though.

99.99% of Port supporters wouldn't give a dam

And it inconveniences tge few hundred people who actually want to see tgat game live.

Just a cost saver for the Snaffle, not putting on a separate game. It benefits no one else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back