Preview Geelong V St Kilda Friday 14th May 2021 750pm @ Colonial

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zac Guthrie preferred to Clark - I guess as Ripley said to Hudson we'll just have "to deal with it." I suppose all club supporters have their selection obsessions.

I also would have preferred another to Dalhouse but I suppose after such big win last week.....

Not sure what Clark has to do to get a game after last week?

Maybe when sent back to the VFL there was thing/s he was asked to work on, tick off prior to a recall and he didn't do that after last week, or they had always planned on a couple of weeks in the VFL to build on his game & get some confidence

Dropping Zac Guthrie after that performance would've been garbage. Finally looked like the composed, classy player he looked in his early games and in the VFL. If he puts in a few more performances like that he'll definitely be re-signed.
A dozen little dinkies uncontested with his brother,easily pleased.

Mieirs, Evans, Holmes, and in time, Danger may well see the end of Dalhouse as suggested above.

As for Zac Guthrie, I thought he looked ordinary as usual last week but we did win easily so I guess it was an opportunity for positive reinforcement. Perhaps - fanciful thought - his talent lies in possessing no visible athletic advantages or superior skills whatsoever, thereby foiling opposition planning. I'm not sure I've seen a player with less X-factor.

Mieirs, Evans, Holmes, and in time, Danger may well see the end of Dalhouse as suggested above.

As for Zac Guthrie, I thought he looked ordinary as usual last week but we did win easily so I guess it was an opportunity for positive reinforcement. Perhaps - fanciful thought - his talent lies in possessing no visible athletic advantages or superior skills whatsoever, thereby foiling opposition planning. I'm not sure I've seen a player with less X-factor.
The Zuth lovers will be coming.

Perfectly sensible change.
Well done MC.

No one deserved to go out and Narkle deserved a full game given how he did after coming on. One of Holmes or Clark will get the vest you’d think.

Perfectly sensible change.
Well done MC.

No one deserved to go out and Narkle deserved a full game given how he did after coming on. One of Holmes or Clark will get the vest you’d think.
Holmes didn't play at all last week, I think, so he needs a game in the VFL. And Clark needs more full games. Perhaps Constable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably be playing for a club with a weaker list. He’d be getting a game at 16 other teams.

Zuthrie would be very stiff to be dropped after his game. You can't just drop blokes because Clark had 27 possies in one VFL game.

In the first half when the heat was on, Zuthrie was bloody terrible. He turned the ball over and looked a step behind the others.
He had 6 touches in the first half.
When we were winning by 40+, he got a lot of the ball in last quarter.

He's another Jesse Stringer.

In the first half when the heat was on, Zuthrie was bloody terrible. He turned the ball over and looked a step behind the others.
He had 6 touches in the first half.
When we were winning by 40+, he got a lot of the ball in last quarter.

He's another Jesse Stringer.
Feel better about their decision to leave him in now.
Another who is daft enough to use disposals for a defender as a yardstick. :drunk:

Zuthrie would be very stiff to be dropped after his game. You can't just drop blokes because Clark had 27 possies in one VFL game.
zuthrie can’t be dropped cos he has 14 possessions with many in dead time from passes from his brother.

but Clark can be dropped after one 18 possession game as he was against the swans. That game had no dead time.

where is the consistency?

I think he may just have to wait to fill the shoes of smith or menegola - I don’t see him as a like for like with Zach or any of the small defenders
So he is playing with freo next year then as those players aren’t going out of the side.

we made room to play kolo when he wasn’t ready and there were no free spots in defence so he wouldn’t run off to Gold Coast to play with his brother.

clark is a bigger talent then kolo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back