Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 9 vs. Sydney Swans, SCG Sat 15/05 @ 1:45 pm

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

Oh FFS, when are going to start playing some kids! A total of 6 debutantes across 9 rounds simply isn't good enough...

In all seriousness, good luck to the kid. There's a lot to like about the way he goes about his footy. Seems he's settled in defence but I still wouldn't rule him out longer term for roles further afield.

Oh FFS, when are going to start playing some kids! A total of 6 debutantes across 9 rounds simply isn't good enough...

In all seriousness, good luck to the kid. There's a lot to like about the way he goes about his footy. Seems he's settled in defence but I still wouldn't rule him out longer term for roles further afield.

Might play on the Wing taking Murphy's spot

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Might play on the Wing taking Murphy's spot

Has played there before so could well be where he lines up. Might depend on how many talls the Swans have inside F50.

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bianco definitely this year, McMahon is the one I believe has the highest ceiling of the ones drafted , just going to take another pre season. will be a gem

I wouldn't rule out a debut this year as a 3rd tall if he can build some form in the VFL. We certainly need some marking options up there.

Scratchy05

All Australian
Sep 16, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Is Sier injured? If that is the case, I'd go back to Callum Brown with Madgen as the sub. If Sier is fit, Him and Wilson in with Madgen sub

vinnievavoom

Senior List
Mar 26, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bianco and Ginnivan the only other two I expect to see AFL action this year. Oh and maybe any MSD picks.
Bianco appears next, then there is a smokey out there that soon will earn a spot. The Irishman Tohil is knocking on the door. Ginnivan, looks good but just not quite ready yet for AFL.

Feb 27, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
interesting to finally look up latest heights on website.

Ginnivan - 184cms. Looked shorter in the VFL game, but def has midfield potential
Tohil - 200cms. Grown, and has to be a threat at either end with this height. Hopefully a natural Roughead replacement
Murphy - 192cms. has grown... just not as much as some prophesized, though still a genuine 6' 4" presence as a floating back / forward
Poulter & Reef - both 193cms... gives the much needed boost to midfield height, to balance out Adams, Macrae, Rantall & Daicos x 2
T Bown - 192cm... has also grown
McMahon - 197cms... clears that up. Def KPF height, with pace and hopefully some skills below his knees

Aussie pie

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
76ers
Personally I think Wilson is the wrong call, Tohill has been playing better but unfortunately he got injured last week, he’ll still play this week but I guess they didn’t want to risk it, which is a fair call. I guess it means the return of Cal and Madge too 😞 I’d rather not keep giving them games they don’t deserve but with Sier out and the rest being un tried I gues we don’t have a choice.

Personally I think Wilson is the wrong call, Tohill has been playing better but unfortunately he got injured last week, he’ll still play this week but I guess they didn’t want to risk it, which is a fair call.
Sounds like it might've been the right call.

Personally I think Wilson is the wrong call, Tohill has been playing better but unfortunately he got injured last week, he’ll still play this week but I guess they didn’t want to risk it, which is a fair call. I guess it means the return of Cal and Madge too 😞 I’d rather not keep giving them games they don’t deserve but with Sier out and the rest being un tried I gues we don’t have a choice.

Tohill was injured last week

ClaytonM

Premiership Player
Jan 20, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Which is fantastic. Possesses an excellent skill set of being able to kick off either foot, effectively. Players that are ambidextrous can set up plays with that skill set, as they can use both sides of their body.

I think the new man on the mark rule makes ambidextrous players even more valuable because they have more room on both sides of their body which really opens up the field for them.

I think the new man on the mark rule makes ambidextrous players even more valuable because they have more room on both sides of their body which really opens up the field for them.
I'd argue the opposite. You can't corral blokes on their dominant side anymore, which means that there is less disadvantage to being one sided.

Back