C:Moore,Jom,Morrison
HF:Breust,Lewis,Wingard
FF:Brockman,Kosi,Hanrahan
R:Mcevoy,Mitchell,Worpel
B: phillips,Shiels,Howe,Jeka I.Haritgan

Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
100%. If we drop this game, questions really need to be asked about our leadership group and senior players. Especially if they are the right mix to lead us through this rebuild.

We, even being a bottom 4 team, will put out more talent than North on the weekend. It's played on a ground we enjoy a really good advantage at. Our leaders and senior players need to take any notion of a lack of confidence out of it, and lead the way.
You can have the best leaders going , if the collective confidence is low its low. And ours looks rock bottom.

No excuse , but its a reason and a real one.

Mrzohs

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You can have the best leaders going , if the collective confidence is low its low. And ours looks rock bottom.

I agree with this i guess that defines a real leader in hard times. It's a chance for Tom,Shiels,Jom,Gunners, to show they could be a skipper moving forward.

If the senior players don't stand up J.sicily should be the skipper next yr.

Jazzfan

Club Legend
Apr 12, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn

The best leaders wouldn't allow us to lose against a side Norths going to roll out Saturday.

I appreciate your posts, and yes we are rebuilding, but there's no excuses for losing to a side with zero wins, a percentage of 52 and unable to even fill a VFL team... at Launceston.

Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The best leaders wouldn't allow us to lose against a side Norths going to roll out Saturday.

I appreciate your posts, and yes we are rebuilding, but there's no excuses for losing to a side with zero wins, a percentage of 52 and unable to even fill a VFL team... at Launceston.
Oh its no excuse , dont worry about that.

We have had been limited with leaders for a while now. Its something that needs to be rectified as we build and if we want to be contending side.

We could have Hodgey running out on Saturday, yep the guys would walk taller but he isnt solving the confidence issue.
Its one player or a few players out of 22.

It just shows the many challenges we have beyond pure talent. Its going to be a tough time , but could be very exciting also

It’s ok to have reasons for being s**t, guys?

It’s not “just excuses” to say we have no depth, no confidence and lack leadership.

It’s reality, and a fair chunk of the reason we are where we are.

giphy.gif

Jun 11, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GSW
yeah i mean if we lose we lose

we suck

winning this game doesn't change anything, just like losing doesn't, except we have a slightly better chance of getting Horne

just gotta look out for positives where possible, and if we do win, enjoy it, because there wont be a heap coming our way in the next few months

SpanishBrowne

Senior List
Feb 27, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Prediction Hawks by 10-25 points.
-Jom,Brockman,Tob in.

Ps what on earth did W.Day do to his ankle 4-6 weeks still. 😱

i hope so! but god i've a feeling it's going to be north by 4-5 goals. we have a habit of playing teams into form for a while now... :sweat: (although probably temporary form in the Roos case :sweatsmile:)

and yes.. feels like the past couple of years the medicos performances are as bad as some of the on-field ones..

jameses

All Australian
Jun 29, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
yeah i mean if we lose we lose

we suck

winning this game doesn't change anything, just like losing doesn't, except we have a slightly better chance of getting Horne

just gotta look out for positives where possible, and if we do win, enjoy it, because there wont be a heap coming our way in the next few months
I don't understand this thinking. If we lose, we are much lighter on talent than previously thought. I would rather have confidence in the potential of the players we already have, than rely on one 18 year old to drive us to the top again.

Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Saints
i hope so! but god i've a feeling it's going to be north by 4-5 goals. we have a habit of playing teams into form for a while now... :sweat: (although probably temporary form in the Roos case :sweatsmile:)

and yes.. feels like the past couple of years the medicos performances are as bad as some of the on-field ones..
Agree - i said the same thing to a guy here a couple of days ago....

burner1

Premiership Player
Nov 3, 2005
victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
hawks
You’d think north should be up for this game. The club needs a win. Launnie probably suits them - is likely a low scoring game won by effort. If their midfield gets on top (eg Cunnington) it could be a long afternoon.

Jun 11, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GSW
I don't understand this thinking. If we lose, we are much lighter on talent than previously thought. I would rather have confidence in the potential of the players we already have, than rely on one 18 year old to drive us to the top again.

you can lose for any number of reasons

GWS have all the talent in the world and haven't won s**t

one loss, in the grand scheme of things, doesn't mean anything. that is my point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back