Prediction Changes v Port - Rd 9, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

From the VFL report:
Roarke Smith

15 disposals, four tackles

“As a winger, Roarke helped out our defenders enormously – as a defender himself that’s a natural disposition he has. The next step for Roarke is to also be an offensive threat.”

I'm guessing Wood plays taller and we adopt a more defensive style? Roarke to play wing and roll back behind the ball for most of the night.
We tend to pick players for specific roles, not general form.
‘The next step’. Seriously he’s nearly 25 and has been in the system over 6 years.

The team as named on the clubs website has to be a troll, or the webmaster was high as *.

Take this hilarity in for a second.

B: Bailey Smith, Alex Keath, Bailey Williams
HB: Jason Johannisen, Aaron Naughton, Pat Lipinski
C: Cody Weightman, Taylor Duryea, Roarke Smith
HF: Mitch Hannan, Easton Wood, Lachie McNeil
F: Anthony Scott, Josh Bruce, Jordon Sweet
R: Zaine Cordy, Bailey Dale, Caleb Daniel
Int: Adam Treloar, Marcus Bontempelli, Jack Macrae, Tom Liberatore
Emer: Lewis Young, Rhylee West, Louis Butler, Hayden Crozier

In: Cody Weightman, Bailey Williams, Roarke Smith
Out: Lachie Hunter (hand), Hayden Crozier (managed), Rhylee West (managed), Buku Khamis

Putting that aside, I don't see much to get worked up about with these changes. Having said that, I'm probably not Scott West.

For mine.

Khamis was always going to make way for Williams.

Crozier has struggled a bit for form after missing through injury and probably needs a break.

Hunter, is injured.

West was always likely to be omitted, given we have done this every time a sub wasn't used. We probably need to manufacture a way of getting the sub onto the ground late into games to avoid this issue.

Williams was always coming straight back in.

Weightman is a plus.

Roarke like Jong before him is an honest foot soldier who can play in multiple positions on the ground and brings a degree of hardness and versatility.

Meh.

Last edited:
Bottom of our 22 listed is horrid, a couple of Rourke, Scott, McNeil, Hannan, Lipinski, Weightman would be okay, but all of them is just… The top end is very good but they will all have to put in a massive effort to overcome Port over there. Massive

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Crozier out, wouldn't Buku be a good option for his intercept ability?
Think we had one too many defenders last week in Keath, Cordy, Wood, Buku, Crozier, Duryea, Dale, Daniel.
Buku and Crozier drop out for Williams, who had to come back in and Roarke, a hybrid defender/midfielder.

Croz missing is weird. I could cop Louis Butler coming in for the hybrid role, but not Roarke.

I have to say that I will be really happy/proud of the club if he has another week off. No doubt he is an amazing player and very important to our team. But we are backing ourselves to win anyways and ensuring that we don’t shorten his career. We’ve got another decade to benefit from English if we take care of him.

The impact of what happened to Liam Picken will affect the handling of concussion significantly, for years to come.

Hahaha Roarke 😂😂😂😂😂 wow!!!

Would of picked Butler at least he’s had good VFL form.

At least this is not a final hey.

Lol Roarke. Dogs are not a contender with him getting games. Imagine being a genuine talent playing vfl this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back