Preview Sydney Swans vs Collingwood, Round 9, Saturday 15 May @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
While a sock down del Santo's gullet would be great, that is as good a team of commentators as you can get. One game at least where I will not mash the mute button to smithereens.
As I've commented before, JB has good insights, but exactly the wrong voice for calling a game. It sits right smack dab in the middle of the crowd noise frequency band and he gets completely swamped. I find him almost entirely unintelligible. BBBH used to be the same.

Here it is.

55a3098ce2db8c47c89c6acf4d8b9538.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hope gulden comes straight back in next week

He won't play before the round 14 bye! WTF

"Gulden is being treated for a stress reaction in his foot and the club will manage this conservatively. He will be monitored over the next few weeks but it not expected to play before the Round 14 bye."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dislikes: COR out, Hewett to backline, Gulden :(

Maybe Hewett goes to De Goey. I mean good luck with that JDG, but probably prefer Fox or Rampe.

Amazing the difference two months can make. We went from all three of our 2020 draftees in the team and flying, to all three being out of the team. (Even though Errol is injured, I get the feeling he was probably only another quiet game or so away from being dropped.)

Oh well. Still a good team on paper and we should be able to beat Collingwood. They have some guns but when you shut them down or limit their impact (Pendles, Moore, Grundy, De Goey, Sidebottom) they're really not a very good side.

OK - how are we going to win this?

1. Hickey neutralising fake Reg as much as possible.
2. Kennedy at least squaring the ledger with Pendles
3. The mids giving us some clean clearance at CC
4. Defence locking down Checkers and the sociopath gooey bloke
5. Transition from defence being sharp and first thought-best thought
6. Ollie and JMac continuing to run like crazy folk and providing options
7. Mids using the width
8. Mids getting the ball into the hands of people capable of efficient delivery
9. Big and Mid Fwds achieving separation, taking marks and dobbing goals
10. Littly Fwds being front and centre and applying pressue and denying easy outlets
11. Kicking f*n straight when we have chances!!!!!
Players cannot remember 11 things going into a game. KISS:)

Why would he be gone, some players take a bit longer than others to come good at senior footy and every club has out of contract players because they are waiting for next years cap to be finalised
Because he's not getting the opportunities.

I'm not suggesting he is out the door or that he is a walk up start, but once again Blakey seems to have the golden ticket, while Stephens has to wait his chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back