Preview Port Adelaide vs Western Bulldogs Rd 9 2021

The least confident i've been all year.

Can't make the game this week, what happen Powa feeling fast approaching, hope i'm wrong.

We just have too many outs.
The one thing we do have in our favour is the crowd. There should be no rain, and light winds are predicted - a perfect night for football. The game deserves a crowd of close to 50,000, and given the conditions, there's no reason why it won't happen. Hopefully a fanatical full house will lift Port over the line!!!

Munro88

Senior List
May 11, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This will be repeat of Brisbane game I'm afraid...our game plan under Hinkley is too stagnant

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

WallyStringhaus

Club Legend
Aug 27, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Can't see why you guys would be worried about the umps. Port have actually received more frees for than the Dogs this year (albeit by only one). It's a misnomer that the Dogs get a free ride from the umps. We are actually ranked 11th for frees for this year. We just don't give many away, which is largely due to Bevo's system.

Anyways, looking forward to a cracking game. I've got a feeling we'll be seeing each other again at the pointy end of the season.

May the best team win 👍

Festerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2019
///comet.repair.export
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PAFC Maggies SANFL, ASU Sun Devils
Riley Bonner for Dan Houston is worth about 5 goals for the Bulldogs I'm afraid. IMHO just doesn't have the smarts to properly execute zone defence cover, especially against turnovers from high quality mid fields such as the Bulldogs.

Hope Riley embarrasses me with his performance tomorrow night to prove me absolutely wrong.

Last edited:

Festerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2019
///comet.repair.export
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PAFC Maggies SANFL, ASU Sun Devils
It's a misnomer that the Dogs get a free ride from the umps.

That 'misnomer' didn't come out of thin air. As anyone who watched the 2016 finals series will attest. Bulldogs also sit second on the F/A free kick stats for games going back to 1965 as well (108.15%)

Port have actually received more frees for than the Dogs this year

Wow. Impressed with your ability to gloss over the stat that really matters - free kick differential (F/A). As in previous years, Bulldogs lead that count again so far in 2021:

Footscray: 117.16% (1st)
Port Adelaide: 96.93% (13th)

The very fact you've come in talking about free kick tallies BEFORE the game has me very worried. :eek: A pre-emptive strike to counter any whinging from us tomorrow night? ;)

WallyStringhaus

Club Legend
Aug 27, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
That 'misnomer' didn't come out of thin air. As anyone who watched the 2016 finals series will attest. Bulldogs also sit second on the F/A free kick stats for games going back to 1965 as well (108.15%)

Wow. Impressed with your ability to gloss over the stat that really matters - free kick differential (F/A). As in previous years, Bulldogs lead that count again so far in 2021:

Footscray: 117.16% (1st)
Port Adelaide: 96.93% (13th)

The very fact you've come in talking about free kick tallies BEFORE the game has me very worried. :eek: A pre-emptive strike to counter any whinging from us tomorrow night? ;)
Whinge away...

Like i said we rarely give away frees which accounts for the positive differential.

We are tops for clearance and contested possession differential as well which means we are generally first to the ball = more opportunities for holding and head high frees and less giving them away.

We are first for least amount of inside 50s against = less opportunities for holding and arm chopping.

We are 2nd for least tackles against = less holding the ball opportunities.

Its simple maths really...😉

I'll see myself out now...not the place for a free kick discussion.

Genuine when i wish you all the best. Love the way your club goes about it (especially sticking it up the pies...you should be allowed to wear it every week imho)👌

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Boys. If you want a piss take have a look at our starting 22. Some serious urine extraction going on here.

Back: B. Smith, Keath, Williams
Half Back: Johanniesen, Naughton, Lipinski
Centre: Weightman, Duryea, R. Smith
Half Forward: Hannan, Wood, McNeil
Full Forward: Scott, Bruce, Sweet
Foll: Cordy, Dale, Daniel
Interchange: Treloar, Bont, Macrae, Libba

Boys. If you want a piss take have a look at our starting 22. Some serious urine extraction going on here.

Quick, someone get on the phone to the Port coaches! I suspect this is a cunning ruse...

nadsee

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2010
Home
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Why would they lie?:)

Interchange is impressive. Must be a from slump>:):):):):):):):):)

Back