Prediction Changes v Port - Rd 9, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Come on MD you know Bev is just one of the selectors and is not even the head selector though granted he has more input than some coaches in the past

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think we both know Bev gets what he wants even if questioned mate.

Not even bothered Rourke is in tbh by Lipinski playing after his effort is his awful.

anyway one player won’t be the difference tomorrow the result will still be the same

I'm pretty sure the named positions are to intentionally troll fans that complain about selection, I love it. Bonus points if it's also to confuse the opposition.
Anyway Roarke is a bit of a weird selection for me, would probably prefer West, Wallis or Butler but obviously hope he goes well.

Having watched all bar 1 of our VFL games I can confidently state that R Smith has not been in our top 6 in any of them. He's workmanlike but not a game changer by any stretch of the imagination. He could be given this game as a final opportunity to see if he can play a role and is worth keeping.
Not convinced about Hannan either, goes missing for large parts of games. Needs to improve his involvement to prove he has a future in this team.
Agree I’ve watched all vfl games and he’s been bog average. Not one match I can recall where he was better than just average and that’s in a dominant VFL side. Baffling!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the VFL report:
Roarke Smith

15 disposals, four tackles

“As a winger, Roarke helped out our defenders enormously – as a defender himself that’s a natural disposition he has. The next step for Roarke is to also be an offensive threat.”

I'm guessing Wood plays taller and we adopt a more defensive style? Roarke to play wing and roll back behind the ball for most of the night.
We tend to pick players for specific roles, not general form.

Roarke has played mostly between the arcs in the VFL this year..

Disposal Spread
FWD: 13%
MID: 74%
DEF: 13%

His efficiency is what's separating him from the rest...

Disposal Efficiency
84% (VFL Average: 70%)

Kicking Efficiency
77% (VFL Average: 67%)

Maybe Roarke has been brought in for a specific job on a player? If so, what do we think that could be?
Grey? Plays high forward so Roarke takes him when he runs up to the ball and the defender who had Grey becomes a spare behind the ball.

We keep our shape behind the ball because if we're going in with one KPD + Cordy + Wood we're going to need chop outs

Having watched all bar 1 of our VFL games I can confidently state that R Smith has not been in our top 6 in any of them. He's workmanlike but not a game changer by any stretch of the imagination. He could be given this game as a final opportunity to see if he can play a role and is worth keeping.
Not convinced about Hannan either, goes missing for large parts of games. Needs to improve his involvement to prove he has a future in this team.

RE: Hannan
He played well in front of the ball and kept the forwards separate enough to function as a unit. He might not get heaps of the ball but he played his role well. He frequently must lead to make space OR to provide a wife open option IF his man lets him roam. The role is what English does well and Schache should do well BUT Schache can’t, so Hannan is a good inclusion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back