Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 9 vs. Sydney Swans, SCG Sat 15/05 @ 1:45 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably none on the wage that Cal Brown is being paid to perform. Whats your point
The point is stop laying into the kid. He’s doing the best he can, probably won’t get to 100 games, but why crack into him when selected? We are in a rebuild, need players out there with some experience. Just shits me when the same people keep tossing off over his selection.

Our midfield: 2 players over 30 (3 if you count Mayne on the wing) and a half back flanker :oops:

The point is stop laying into the kid. He’s doing the best he can, probably won’t get to 100 games, but why crack into him when selected? We are in a rebuild, need players out there with some experience. Just shits me when the same people keep tossing off over his selection.

Dont disagree with anything you said. I feel like Bucks has stuffed Cal over with the in and out selections and not playing him in his natural position.

C Brown averages 13 disposals, 3 tackles and .5 goals... for a non defender, that’s a bottom 5 player... which is why he’s in and out of the side

Even Thomas is shading him this season

And WHE

C Brown hardly making a case for best 22
Stats are too simplistic to make comparisons though. What about a non defender with the following stats? (13.4 disposals, 1.3 tackles, and 56.7% disposal efficiency) ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based off nothing though, Jonno could be a 6'6 120kg behemoth for all we know
That's one helluva bowling pin! Callum's gonna need big bloody balls to score a steeeeerike!

Callum needs to find a way to be damaging, Libba Snr did it through tackling, Tony Shaw accumulation, he's got to find a way to hurt teams, he needs a weapon

Callum needs to find a way to be damaging, Libba Snr did it through tackling, Tony Shaw accumulation, he's got to find a way to hurt teams, he needs a weapon

and needs to find it Quick

Dont disagree with anything you said. I feel like Bucks has stuffed Cal over with the in and out selections and not playing him in his natural position.

In and out selection?? He’s played 44 of the past 50 and is a worse player now than he was post 2018. For anyone interested compare his numbers to Blair from 2014 to 2018. Despite all his faults in what was clearly the lesser half of his career Blair is well ahead!

In and out selection?? He’s played 44 of the past 50 and is a worse player now than he was post 2018. For anyone interested compare his numbers to Blair from 2014 to 2018. Despite all his faults in what was clearly the lesser half of his career Blair is well ahead!

Thats fair ! Must have this year ingrained in me. My mistake

blair could actually kick the ball more than 35metres and didn’t turn into a headless chook when he had possession.

Stop hating on C Brown. The kid gives his all.

Yep. Hes best 22 give the team that has some key injuries. Gives his all and wont die from lack of effort. We have selected enough (maybe too many) first year players already and just need the depth to balnace the side without throwing the kids to the wolves any more than they are. Toss up between him and Madgen... and with Sier the only other "senior"player available theres not a lot of other options. And Sier might be injured too for all we know.

Medium term I still havent given up on him either

Remove this Banner Ad

Back