List Mgmt. 2021 Mid-Season Draft

In the 2021 MSD, Carlton should select...

• Charlie McKay (F/S)

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dominic Akuei (NGA)

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • Best available mature age player

Votes: 49 40.8%
  • Best available U19 (overlooked in last year's draft)

Votes: 41 34.2%
  • Other - Specify

Votes: 11 9.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

My statement that I'd be stunned if the Cats looked at him is wrong? :think:
You attacked my previous post based on false logic, I have explained at length that despite many pinch hitters, they
are not flush for bankable rucks and to be “stunned” if the Cats were looking at him Is an erroneous thought.

Do I have to spell it out again?

They are experimenting trying to make Ratugolea a ruck in the current game after dropping their no. 1 multiple times this season. Fort and Jenkins are not being utilised and may be gone at season’s end. If Stanley continues to bounce in and out, he may be in the same boat.

Ageing Henderson down back means both Blicavs and De Koning will be required in defence. Neale you named as a ruck. He only performed at colts level last year and was a virtual pinch hitter behind Lane, playing key forward as the staple. His hit out numbers were lowest when had time on ball. Most likely forward nit ruck first. Then they have a highly speculative rookie.

So their first choice is currently out of favour and in his playing twilight. Two other senior types not getting games and odds on for delisting. Blicavs also ageing and required in defence.

Plenty of C grade options. If they have a pick mid season, on list needs and player crews of the draft pool, a ruck would be highly likely.

Edit: Reported/accepted that the club trying to lure big Sandilands out of retirement for the MSD is Geelong.

Last edited:

You attacked my previous post based on false logic

I attacked you? Where?

Have a re-read. I think you've grossly misread the situation.

Edit: Reported/accepted that the club trying to lure big Sandilands out of retirement for the MSD is Geelong.

Maybe, but that's a very different story to picking another 19 year old development prospect.

Wonder why we haven't put McDonald down as a LTI?
Would give us two shots at a KPP
I believe they have to be placed on an inactive list....basically means they're out for the rest of the year.

Having said that, the AFL website's current injury list has OMac still 8-10 weeks away...which means he may not be available until the late in the season. You wonder if they may consider putting him out to pasture for the remainder of the year for the extra pick.

At the end of the day, it's pretty pointless having a top up player sitting in the grandstand. He can always be re-rookied in 2022.

I believe they have to be placed on an inactive list....basically means they're out for the rest of the year.

Having said that, the AFL website's current injury list has OMac still 8-10 weeks away...which means he may not be available until the late in the season. You wonder if they may consider putting him out to pasture for the remainder of the year for the extra pick.

At the end of the day, it's pretty pointless having a top up player sitting in the grandstand. He can always be re-rookied in 2022.
Jeez, beat me to it! We pretty much wrote the same thing too. :p

Don't see McDonald being part of our long term plans and
we could also be loosing Ben Crocker & Toby Wooller from our VFL side seeing they have nominated (ARTICLE HERE)

I'd be going for 2 picks even if it's just to prop up our VFL side, they'd have to be in flag contention

Would be seriously looking at
I'd love to see what Eddie could do with Tyrone Thorne
and I'd love to steal him off those Freo flogs :sneaky:

Last edited:
Don't see McDonald being part of our long term plans and
we could also be loosing Ben Crocker & Toby Wooller from our VFL side seeing they have nominated (ARTICLE HERE)

I'd be going for 2 picks even if it's just to prop up our VFL side, they'd have to be in flag contention

Would be seriously looking at
I'd love to see what Eddie could do with Tyrone Thorne
Over 300 players have put their hands up for the AFL’s mid-season draft ? how many allowed in the MS draft? is it 18 - one pick per club?

few ex blues (or current ressies side) on that list...Darcy Lang, Ben Crocker, Harrison Macreadie, Kym LeBois, Toby Wooller, Ben Silvagni.

i didnt see kade simpsons name there but i assume he is 1 of the 300....i thought he was keen for a come back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder why we haven't put McDonald down as a LTI?
Would give us two shots at a KPP

We are keeping him on the active list so we can sub him on at half time in the grand final for a Teddy Hopkins-esque 2nd half!

It's really confusing, but I think the rules may have been changed that it's gotta be season ending injury, going by this recent article on the AFL's website.
If an inactive, injured player is fit to play before the season ends, a club can apply to return that player to the primary list in place of another long-term injured player

- A retired player or a player who delists himself must be out of the AFL for at least one full season to be eligible
Ok. Thanks for the feedback. Bit more info....

but Simpson was technically delisted by the Blues, so he is free to be drafted.

However, the rules exclude Carlton from being able to pick up a player they delisted, so if Simpson manages to get on an AFL list, it will not be a homecoming to IKON Park.

It's really confusing, but I think the rules may have been changed that it's gotta be season ending injury, going by this recent article on the AFL's website.

View attachment 1127754

What's happening there is that Soldo would remain inactive until another player is placed on the inactive list.

Coincidentally, there is a season injury list these days, to go along with the inactive list.

Back