PAFC CEO Matthew Richardson

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that our V jumper is not based on the old state jumper but the current state jumper has been modified to appear like our V jumper. Our V jumper is based on a design from an Australian rugby jumper and was the only moment of enthusiasm to come out of the club's darkest period in history.

Regardless of the above, the V jumper is not unique. The Roosters wore a jumper for 15 years or so that practically is the same as our V jumper, and they're not the only top level club to have similar design.

IMO our V jumper looks good but I still can't fully embrace it because Haysman likened it to the state jumper using it as the reasoner for it to be the right jumper for Port Adelaide. Sadly my immediate thought at the time when he did that was 'here we are a club that's traditional, 140 years old, and with already a unique jumper of its own, still searching for an identity and happy times through a new jumper that's not unique'.

There wouldn't be another sporting club in the universe that's had to live with this foolery.

Still I don't think the crows should be wearing any form of a state jumper even if Haysman believed that Port are.

Last edited:
No, you are missing the whole context of the Crows reason for existing in the first place and the cultural issues part, which is what people are trying to get at.
It would be hard to understand from a soccer POV.
Chiwigi, I’m pretty aware of everything.

It’s more than footy. It’s human. The whole story is nauseating. I get it.

The answer relies on US, though. Why should we join them in THEIR madness? It’s THEIR delusion. It can only affect us if WE let it.

Do not buy their speech in. It’s not the state guernsey and it will never be.

The design doesn’t matter. They will always be the West Lakes Crows. They cannot be anything else.

We letting them wearing it, it takes away from them a lot of the reason they want to do it in the first place. We would do it because we know better, and we would make them aware of that — even if they pretend otherwise.

Even if they patch the SANFL logo on their guernsey, they will remain what they are. It would only make everything more ridiculous.

Impossible crimes still carry with them a punishment because of intent.
Not everywhere. For instance, the article 17 of the Brazilian Penal Code exempt it from punishment. We don’t punish planning for the same reason.

Intending to and committing are very different. We punish the latter, but not the former. Attempting is only a crime, when its conclusion is possible.

Chiwigi, I’m pretty aware of everything.

It’s more than footy. It’s human. The whole story is nauseating. I get it.

The answer relies on US, though. Why should we join them in THEIR madness? It’s THEIR delusion. It can only affect us if WE let it.

Do not buy their speech in. It’s not the state guernsey and it will never be.

The design doesn’t matter. They will always be the West Lakes Crows. They cannot be anything else.

We letting them wearing it, it takes away from them a lot of the reason they want to do it in the first place. We would do it because we know better, and we would make them aware of that — even if they pretend otherwise.

Even if they patch the SANFL logo on their guernsey, they will remain what they are. It would only make everything more ridiculous.

So we win by letting them take the uniform that we are as entitled to and debase it for many Port fans and players who have worn it with distinction?

That’s a longer bow than Duursma’s.

I sort of see Gremio's argument and personally don't give two sh1ts about the Crows wearing a state guernsey knockoff but can see how others would.

However, I stop short of it being up to teams deciding to wear whatever they like. If you go down this path then you open yourself up to the argument of the Crows being able to wear the prison bars.

That, my friends, is a bridge too far.

I sort of see Gremio's argument and personally don't give two sh1ts about the Crows wearing a state guernsey knockoff but can see how others would.

However, I stop short of it being up to teams deciding to wear whatever they like. If you go down this path then you open yourself up to the argument of the Crows being able to wear the prison bars.

Id almost like to see it just for the confusion and total conflict in the eyes of their geriatric fans.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
So we win by letting them take the uniform that we are as entitled to and debase it for many Port fans and players who have worn it with distinction?

That’s a longer bow than Duursma’s.
Is there a problem with my English?

If Grêmio wanted to play with a red shirt, we would be totally entitled to do it. But why on hell would we do it?!

We made Coca-Cola change its colors to sponsor us in the 80’s. There are things one doesn’t need to forbid. They simply won’t happen.

Richo building his own empire:

OFFICE OF THE CEO
Matthew RichardsonChief Executive Officer
Jules JohnsonChief of Staff
David HuttonStakeholder Relations Manager
Jake GazettasHR Business Partner
Brandi MillerGroup Support Partner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe he will be the next successor?
CD would be a long way ahead of him. He was CEO of WWT for several years before he became GM Footy Ops at the SANFL for a couple of years before he joined us before 2014 season ended.

CD would be a long way ahead of him. He was CEO of WWT for several years before he became GM Footy Ops at the SANFL for a couple of years before he joined us before 2014 season ended.
He’d have to sideways shuffle to get in the seat but he speaks well. He’s a take no prison sort of guy

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that our V jumper is not based on the old state jumper but the current state jumper has been modified to appear like our V jumper. Our V jumper is based on a design from an Australian rugby jumper ...
You're wrong :)

The back in black chevrons guernsey was inspired by the Australian Rugby League, aka the Kangaroos, representative jumper.

1620995127131.png

I want CD to replace Koch.

I want CD to replace Koch.
Unfortunately Presidents are either well paid in their jobs or well off individuals who run their own business as clubs dont pay people to be President or club directors.

But yeah someone with CDs understanding of the club and game and his style would be an ideal type of President.

Unfortunately Presidents are either well paid in their jobs or well off individuals who run their own business as clubs dont pay people to be President or club directors.

But yeah someone with CDs understanding of the club and game and his style would be an ideal type of President.
We would need an ASA deal for Davies!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back