Preview Changes vs Adelaide - Round 9, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

And Shuey after the bye and the set is complete!

Question does remain though... what will we say then when we inevitably travel to the SCG and forget how to football in round 16?
Vozzo usually has been hitting us with "just before or just after the bye and we will work out a return to play date soon" for about the past 6 weeks of injury updates.

My thoughts are that if he comes back for the Carlton game, he will have the bye to rest up again as the first game back after a year out will probably make him pretty sore.
Yeah I know the vozzo spiel. Injury report still says TBC, maybe they’ll just name him one week. Would like some certainty though.

pencil in any game we play at Geelong and SCG as a Loss for sure.
The SCG is season defining (and dare I say it, season on the line stuff). Much like the Geelong game, it’s a chance to cancel out the St Kilda f*ck up and get us back on serve with our fixture given both the SCG and Kardinya were pencilled in as L’s the instant the fixture came out. Hopefully the boys don’t go into this one the same way they went into Geelong (had a negative mindset from the start)

Me RN when my tix for Sunday just fell over :

giphy.gif

Danger game after all the Rioli sh*t this week.

Yep. Listening to Simmo’s press conference yesterday which was ostensibly to talk about the Adelaide game - 3/4 of it was about Rioli and further it sounds like there were several discussions had or scheduled to be had with the players about him.

Certainly a distraction but something they should be able to deal with

zero I mean zero excuses this week against Adelaide at home. I don't want to hear that crap excuse I was distracted by Rioli's news. Too bad, get on with it. It's not like he died. He managed to wake up one morning and decide to smuggle a tiny amount of substance ( sarcasm alert, who takes 24 grams with them on a road let alone at the airport) for whatever purpose. If that is going to break our player's concentration this week, then we have bigger problems at the club. Just please win the game as we are slowly getting back in form.

Yep. Listening to Simmo’s press conference yesterday which was ostensibly to talk about the Adelaide game - 3/4 of it was about Rioli and further it sounds like there were several discussions had or scheduled to be had with the players about him.

Certainly a distraction but something they should be able to deal with

It sounds like they had a player meeting this morning, addressed it, voted on it (of sorts - obviously not privy to whether it was a show of hands or just 'the vibe'). That should give 2 clear days for them to be down to business. Training today, selection, preparation etc. There is no more need for the players to be distracted by it.

Hopefully they also told them that the board decision would be next week. Literally nothing more they can do other than their jobs (prepare, perform, win).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well you say that in jest but we have never player Brisbane at optus . Not in 4 seasons

It's an absolute joke. I swear it's like the AFL pencil us in the Gabba every year. Even last year if it wasn't a COVID season we were only going to play the Lions once, and it would've been at the Gabba in round 21

I am beginning to come round to giving LEdwards his debut this week.

Fly the family over while do border issues.
Show the Crows that the are not John West.
Give one of our fumbler small forwards a rest (Langdon or Cripps, but we all know Simmo and the MC have a mongrel for Cripps)
LEdwards gives us options in midfield, half forward and half back at a pinch.

Not since Peter and Paul have we showcased players with the same surname in the same team?
Does my head in this cripps thing.

hasnt fired a shot this year.

It's an absolute joke. I swear it's like the AFL pencil us in the Gabba every year. Even last year if it wasn't a COVID season we were only going to play the Lions once, and it would've been at the Gabba in round 21
This is where the AFL has missed a chance to innovate on the back of covid. Brisbane and west coast have plenty of Melbourne supporters. As teams that do a lot of travel, maybe they should play each other once a year as an away game in Melbourne and never at each other's home grounds. This could be extended to all non Victorian teams, with Victorian teams having one less home game a year to compensate. Let's face it, if pies and tigers play at the MCG, it doesn't matter who is home or away anyway.

As a General rule, we should never play in Tasmania either.

This is where the AFL has missed a chance to innovate on the back of covid. Brisbane and west coast have plenty of Melbourne supporters. As teams that do a lot of travel, maybe they should play each other once a year as an away game in Melbourne and never at each other's home grounds. This could be extended to all non Victorian teams, with Victorian teams having one less home game a year to compensate. Let's face it, if pies and tigers play at the MCG, it doesn't matter who is home or away anyway.

As a General rule, we should never play in Tasmania either.

I just wanna ruffle your hair with your impossible optimism for the AFL being innovative.

Vic bias aside we had a ridiculous long stretch without going to the SCG. It might have been 6 years

Vic bias aside we had a ridiculous long stretch without going to the SCG. It might have been 6 years

True but we lost to them 4/5 consecutive games we played them at Subi. Wouldn't have made a difference where we played them, we just can't beat Sydney.

True but we lost to them 4/5 consecutive games we played them at Subi. Wouldn't have made a difference where we played them, we just can't beat Sydney.
My point is that there will be fixture qurks like this all the time. We’re aren’t the only team that cop this. The AFL fixturing is one if not the most difficult one to do in the world.

My point is that there will be fixture qurks like this all the time. We’re aren’t the only team that cop this. The AFL fixturing is one if not the most difficult one to do in the world.

Is it though? Perhaps if they removed their traditional marquee games that only serve a single state for a start then maybe they could make it work for everyone. You'd think public holidays only occurred in Victoria.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back