The on topic thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weird cause I always thought there was only one trophy and champions had to hand it back the next season
They should be making ones every year and giving it to the club to put in their cabinet forever. I'm surprised they've decided to melt it.

Weird cause I always thought there was only one trophy and champions had to hand it back the next season

They engrave the trophy with that year's competition, how could they give it back? Do you think people's trophy cabinets don't actually have any trophies in them?

They engrave the trophy with that year's competition, how could they give it back? Do you think people's trophy cabinets don't actually have any trophies in them?
From PL site:
There are two Trophies which are identical and include an engraved base detailing past Premier League champions.

During the season, one stays with the Premier League champions, while the other is used by the League.

The champions must return their Trophy to the Premier League at least three weeks before their final league match of the season.

From PL site:
There are two Trophies which are identical and include an engraved base detailing past Premier League champions.

During the season, one stays with the Premier League champions, while the other is used by the League.

The champions must return their Trophy to the Premier League at least three weeks before their final league match of the season.

They get a replica to keep though.

To be honest I didn't realise they keep the 'original' for a year. I thought they got to lift the real thing but then get given the replica at that point to keep.

They get a replica to keep though.

To be honest I didn't realise they keep the 'original' for a year. I thought they got to lift the real thing but then get given the replica at that point to keep.
I remember seeing City’s last one on display in Manchester couple years ago but can’t remember if it was replica.

Ive always thought it’s been a thing where they keep the main trophy for a season (unless they win again) but I thought they got a replica way down the track.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worth it for this alone

Love that A) Ole didn't need any special permission to pick that lineup, B) Liverpool supporters can't even accuse Ole of being a campaigner because "how will the supporters inside OT feel after spending all that money to attend", there weren't any and C) Ole made a Liverpool supporter publicly cry.

That's just brilliant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back