Preview Round 9 - Hawthorn vs. North Melbourne - Saturday 15th May 2.10pm UTAS Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be the wrong thread for this but I really want to see Larkey clunk a few and kick a few (not two but more).

I am worried:
  1. Is Larkey going to be a key forward worth his place in the side?
  2. Is our side making him look second rate?
  3. Is he going to be a tease? Are we going to say in a few years that he never became the player we wanted?
Its so depressing with the injuries, but the players selected have to stand up and make a statement. Now it is sooo hard for a forward in our position but I am starting to revise my optimistic, last year, opinion of the lad.

I wish he would crunch a few also but I liked Jonathan Brown a lot.

Mods might reposition this post

Larkey is a no 2 KPF imo.

Not particularly good in any one area other than smarts and taking his opportunities when they present themselves.

If we had got tom McDonald on the cheap, I think Larkeys output would have been 25-45% better.

So now Xerri is on your shitlist along with Larkey hey? Do we have any talls that you do rate?
No he is not on my shitlist, however with all of the calls about how he is knocking the door down and Campbell is not AFL standard I am waiting for all the whinging from the stats watchers and Facebook readers to start.

Oh and by the way he probably could come in and do as much if not more than Larkey as a key forward, but that’s not really saying much is it?

I missed last week, but Young's been playing a bit of wing lately hasn't he? Perhaps he's the one that will push back to accommodate Frog.
And then Garner for Stepho isn't exactly a straight swap and probably asks Powell to spend some time on a wing.
Young can cover him

I'm certain that this is the plan, plus Menadue is listed on the bench as back-up of sorts... BUT...

I'm starting (well, actually a fair way in) to get the feeling that there's something about Atu that Noble doesn't like. I think it's his lack of confidence, but who knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taking a sombre moment to contemplate our side this week with full availability.

B:S.AtleyB.McKayL.McDonald
HB:A.HallR.TarrantA.Corr
C:J.PolecJ.SimpkinT.Powell
HF:C.ZurhaarJ.ZiebellT.Thomas
F:J.StephensonN.LarkeyLDU
FOLL:T.GoldsteinB.CunningtonJ.Anderson
INT:A.BonarC.TaylorC.LazzaroT.Campbell
Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion or not, but if we had a healthy Comben this year I would be throwing him straight in at CHF for as many games as possible.

I'm certain that this is the plan, plus Menadue is listed on the bench as back-up of sorts... BUT...

I'm starting (well, actually a fair way in) to get the feeling that there's something about Atu that Noble doesn't like. I think it's his lack of confidence, but who knows.
every single time Atu gets the ball he slows play down, takes steps back and then most of the time kicks it backwards or sideways.

After "seeking clarification" on various umpiring decisions this week, i reckon we will either :

a, get an unexpected "rub of the green", or

b, get an increased dose of similar calls as a reminder to get back in our box and remember of who calls the shots.
Leaning towards "b"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back