Game Day Sydney Swans vs Collingwood Sat 1:45pm SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank god not another heart beater
I know right?!! Thank freaking god!

Pies are in for a world of pain, something like 1:10 in 3/4 of football. We should have won by more but I'm just happy with the win at this point

We ground out a great win today. They tried to strangle us but we were able to get through their pressure. We should have won by more but conditions were difficult.

I thought our ball movement out of defence was brilliant. We did not do as well in the clearances as I would have hoped but we broke even. Hickey nullified Grundy. He might have got more hit outs but clearances and around the ground were won by Hickey.

McLean continues to be a thorn in opposition sides. Heens made a very good comeback. McInerney continues to be our best winger. Warner is a bull. Hewett was good today. He played on Pendlebury and negated his influence plus got plenty of footy. He is a mid.

The conditions looked very bad. Sun glare factor would have been huge and that swirly breeze would have been difficult. Lance was well beaten in the first but came into the game after that. McCartin is astounding and Dawson & Lloyd are sensational. Foxy was super good. Our backline is incredible.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wind changes too. Best to go with the advantage now, rather than imagining an advantage that may not appear in the last quarter.
Hey RUNVS, sorry to hear about your cat... :(

At the SCG, the Members and Ladies stands are on the Western side of the ground and the sun sets behind them. They are lower than any other stand and have gaps between each other and the other stands. Whereas at the Randwick end, the ground is in shadow by that time, and the wind while still swirly, has less impact on strong wind days.

Traditionally, the Swans come home toward the Paddington end, and I'm presuming that this so that the opposition is faced with rabid swans supporters when kicking goals... If they deviated, and came home toward the Randwick end (the end away from the ladies & members), then this was a tactical decision.

Good win in the end but something about that first quarter and start of the 4th that leaves me a bit disappointed

Pies are gonna be bottom 4, we really should have won by more if we are top really be a top 6 side
The Pies biggest loss to date is 30 points - obviously us today and GWS was the other team. Out of the better teams they have played Brisbane, Western Bulldogs, West Coast - Western Bulldogs only beating them by 16. I don't think not smashing them (on the scoreboard) today means anything. Slow start and then we dominated them. At this stage we really are a top 6 team (this may change of course for the better or worse).

The Pies biggest loss to date is 30 points - obviously us today and GWS was the other team. Out of the better teams they have played Brisbane, Western Bulldogs, West Coast - Western Bulldogs only beating them by 16. I don't think not smashing them (on the scoreboard) today means anything. Slow start and then we dominated them. At this stage we really are a top 6 team (this may change of course for the better or worse).
Personally, I have us in that 8-11 position. I know they played very defensively but a round 1-3 Swans side would have cut them up you know? I didn't realise they were that stingy though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back