Review QCLASH XX - Round 9 vs Brisbane @ Metricon Stadium (15.05.21 - 4:35pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

FYI to peoples thoughts on bringing in Clarkson, look at the Hawks board. They want him sacked believing he hasn’t moved with the times
Cant see how he can do worse - this team is mentally gone. At least he brings a winning culture.

no offence to Dewey, but hard to implement disciple when you’re rolling out there at 3qtr time 30 kegs overweight

At least we get Touk and Holman back.
Just on Touks suspension:

He elected to bump, sure

but hes about 15cm smaller than Coffield.
He didn't make contact with his head (he actually dropped his body heaps in order to bump him on the side), Coffield didn't brace for any contact on the shepherd and his head flopped onto the top of touk's head.
he didn't get concussed or come off the field.

And yet Fritsch clean elbows someone in the face to no sanction and McCarthy knees Powell clean in the back of the head and he collapses to the ground, and I dont expect (or want) him to get anything.

I know the sunscreamers cop a lot of flack on this forum and rightfully so but man we can’t fault their effort tonight, despite enduring a belting they’ve been loud and proud, that’s what being a true supporter is about. To echo Sunny they’ve done well, very loud on fox footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean i expected to get belted. The viewing was shithouse, and next week geelong are going to cream us sooo hard it's not funny.

No matter what I LOVE this club until the bitter end but man something has gotta change for us. We should’ve beaten Carlton, Adelaide and the saints. Late game fade lapses cost us dearly in all 3 of those. We win those and that changes the outcome of our season instantly. We desperately need a couple of big name recruits and a big reliable target up forward to help Kingy. I don’t buy into the whole “no player wants to move up to Queensland BS” how is it that Brisbane has been able to sign: lachie Neale, Charlie Cameron, joe Daniher, Lincoln McCarthy just to name a few. Brisbane is a sh*t city, the GC is much nicer and appealing, the question has to be asked how come we cannot attract these stars? Why would they rather play in Brisbane instead of for us on the GC. I don’t understand because clearly something about the Queensland lifestyle is appealing for a lot of players. I mean just imagine if we had those 4 names above in our lineup we’d be in a much better spot.

I can tell you exactly what's going on in the Club because I've been there.
There's players who can do no wrong vs players who can do no right
Players like Brodie Sexton and Fiorini come up and are so overwhelmed by the need to follow the gameplan they freeze
"If I do this instead of this I'm gone next week"
You see it at the game.There's nothing instinctual like you see with Rioli or Rozee.It's"What am I supposed to do..so I don't get dropped again"
We know Dew wants a contest, but you can't teach that.The more you whack the gunshy battlenag the more it digs in.
We don't have enough talent to burn talent...and we're burning it like it's dollar bills and we're the Wolf of Wall Street
And btw, as I rapidly move through middle age , I'm still a better ruck than Graham or Burgess
That ruse hasn't worked and yet they doubled down on it???

Players like Brodie Sexton and Fiorini come up and are so overwhelmed by the need to follow the gameplan they freeze
You see it at the game.There's nothing instinctual like you see with Rioli or Rozee.It's"What am I supposed to do..so I don't get dropped again"
We know Dew wants a contest, but you can't teach that.The more you whack the gunshy battlenag the more it digs in.
We don't have enough talent to burn talent...and we're burning it like it's dollar bills and we're the Wolf of Wall Street
And btw, as I rapidly move through middle age , I'm still a better ruck than Graham or Burgess

Fiorini is the laziest footballer. Did you watch his VFL game? Not worthy of a recall. Could not hit a target to save his life.

Spot on and an exact point in case is the bloke who was BOG tonight.
He was treated appallingly by Dew. Now look at him go under a coach who doesn't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back