Will North rise above 18th?

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide will be the only beatable team
I think you're forgetting that the then in-form Crows knocked off North at the Dome in Round 4. The return match in Adelaide later in the year would be a harder task.

I'd say that North have a fighting chance against the Hawks in the Tassie tussle this weekend. Also Gold Coast in Tassie would also be a good chance in a month's time.

Alternatively, matches against Essendon (twice), Carlton and St Kilda would be winnable if you catch them on an off day.
Tough times but there's always the next match... until Round 23, when there is no next match this year

That's insane.

FWIW, Carlton are missing our entire forwardline other than McKay:

Murphy Charlie Curnow Jack Martin
Zac Fisher McGovern Silvagni

We have been playing Levi Casboult who is having his knee drained each game because we have no one else.

This is just one line.

Other lines have it bad too, but our forwardline is the biggest issue.
Seriously Murphy is cooked (and I can tell you of a couple of ex Carlton footballing legends who think he shouldn’t even be in the side) and McGovern has been nothing but rubbish.
Can’t even remember if C Curniw remembers how to kick a footy.
So for this year, you are only really feeling the loss of Jack Martin.
Silvagni is nothing more than ‘solid’ at best and Fischer likewise. Both replaceable.

Apart from Tarrant (and now Stephenson), North’s outs may not be superstars, but would make a significant difference to their team.

Last edited:
Seriously Murphy is cooked (and I can tell you of a couple of ex Carlton footballing legends who think he shouldn’t even be in the side) and McGovern has been nothing but rubbish.
Can’t even remember if C Curniw remembers how to kick a footy.
So for this year, you are only really feeling the loss of Jack Martin.
Silvagni is nothing more than ‘solid’ at best and Fischer likewise. Both replaceable.

Apart from Tarrant (and now Stephenson), North’s outs may not be superstars, but would make a significant difference to their team.
You are just showing how clueless you are. Can't even spell.

Disagree. If we play competitively most of the season at some point we'll encounter a team that has given up for whatever reason, especially in the back half.

Also if we can find someone on the list who plays forward and achieve a single digit injury list who knows, we could become irrelevant fodder instead of an embarrassment. A man can dream.

Edit - the gentlemen above said we'll never win a game, probably when we were 35 points down. Classy move. I was disagreeing with *that* statement.

Last edited:
In 2010 Richmond was 0-9, two games behind the second-last team and got off the bottom. West Coast eventually claimed the spoon comfortably after winning 3 from their first 8. Hard to nominate who they'll beat right now, but I wouldn't be paying out early like the bookies did in 2010.
But richmond slowly turned it around and eventually made finals in 2013-15

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So worse case scenario is they go 1-21.

They have essendon twice in Marvel and will be an outside chance. They got 3 Home games in a row from rounds 13-15: GWS in tassie, Brisbane in Marvel and Suns in tassie. they have an outside chance vs Carlton at round 19 as well

I actually think it will be between North and Collingwood for the spoon. They haven't played a red hot side yet and have it all to come. With the guys we have filtering back in after the bye we may surprise a few

Unexpected win by the Hawks tonight leaves North two games and % clear in the ladder position they’ve called home this season.

This aged well

tenor.gif

North improving drastically. They've possibly exceeded a lot of expectations with the recent draw and yesterday's win, leaving them only half a game behind the Hawks. Then the Hawks upset the Giants and the Roos still need two wins to rise above the teams that sit on four wins.

Right now... thinking they might have the Suns covered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back