Autopsy 30 point grind against Collingwood - Rd 9, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

HEWETT!!!!!!!!

I loved Hewett's game, probably because he got some more time in the middle with pendles, but though he played a top notch role.

I love him. His deft touches in close are invaluable. Flashy he may not be, but he is, IMO, "the difference."

Bloody hell Mcinerney covers so much ground. Incredible work rate. Him and Stephens on opposing wings would be the dream.
If you think back to the draft McInerney wasn't even on the draft radar, probably wouldn't have been picked up if we didn't scout him out. Warner another one we scouted out. Our list management and coach is second to none.

Its when he's under pressure down back that's the issue though.

Yeah I'm not a massive fan of it. I think like Lloyd he becomes a different player when in defence than when he's up the ground. Gun to my head if I had to pick two blokes to find a target inside 50, I would go Lloyd and Hewett. Gun to my head if I had to pick two blokes to stay composed in a stoppage in defence, I would go pretty much anyone but Lloyd and Hewett.

Bwahaha... Buckley taking credit for their systems and blaming the players for losing contests after half time. He really puts the 'hurl' into "churlish".

Horse presser was a std affair.

Buckley cares less about collingwood winning than us here

he packed up his desk two years ago

will give blakey some love, does * all most weeks, but maybe an agile second ruck is the go,

looked up and about today, good defence, impacted the game

also agree re jmac

he just parts the contest on the wing and says stuff this and makes the play where others want it out of play

Let’s just step back and acknowledge how good the swans have been so far this year: well over a third of the season has been chalked up and we are 6-3. Bloody fantastic and a credit to the entire club. With scalps like Richmond, Brisbane, Geelong, etc. we were the hunters. Now we are the hunted, so if the coaches felt that their game plan has been successful to date, they’ll be strategising/thinking a few moves ahead now to combat the oppo coaches’ shutdown tactics... I am so looking forward to seeing this play out. A great ride so far and so much more to come! Loving the footy at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood have apparently released a statement saying they don't believe the behaviour was inappropriate. You know what? If one of my colleagues walked into my classroom and poked their finger up my arse in front of my class, I'm pretty sure that would be deemed inappropriate.
He was just engaging in a little bit of cross-cultural dialogue

Hayward has turned his for around aswell, he may not be huge impacts on the scoreboard but his high ground work has been good and his defensive pressure has been top notch

totally agree - his running has been huge this year and often when no one has a marking option it is him who really runs hard to create the option. Watching him at the game he ran almost half the length of the field a few times to create the option when no one else did

totally agree - his running has been huge this year and often when no one has a marking option it is him who really runs hard to create the option. Watching him at the game he ran almost half the length of the field a few times to create the option when no one else did
Was providing an option down the line more often than not when we needed it.

Need to give some love to hickey and rampe too... rampe we just take for granted, but he is just one of the most consistently good players every week.

Hickey beat Grundy all on balance. Love what he is about

6-3, don’t think any of us expected this.

1st quarter was difficult to watch. Sydney didn't look good though Collingwood might have played their best quarter of the year. Things got better for there and the second half was mostly on our terms

the MC gang were all pretty good:
Mcinerney
Mclean is grown gin confidence. 9 marks and showing he can and hopefully will be dangerous up forward
McCartin with 8 marks proving to be a calm rock down back. He could be down in defence for another 8-10 years
Mcinerney puts himself in the game. Started the first quarter a bit wobbly with some ack kicks and decisions but got better as the game went on and look like he will be a game influencer as we move on

Heeney & Papley showed their worth up forward. Pappers is a game changer, and to think how close we were to trading him to Carlton (Thanks Dodoro!). Hayward back in the team is important to us. He takes a good amount of marks and he is back to pressuring the ball carrier and pressuring off the ball.

With the run of:
Freo
Carlton
St kilda
Hawks
coming up, there has never bene a better time for us to be solidifying a top 4 position

I'd like to see the starting bounce numbers from yesterday because to my eye it seemed we pushed Warner out to a wing with Rowbottom, Kennedy, Parker and Mills as our primary centre square guys. We typically have 4 inside guys and 3 wingmen (Warner, Florent, McInerney). Will be interesting to see how we manage these rotations because Warner is really good in the guts and with Rowbottom they give us more leg speed and agility - important traits to have for at least a couple of your inside guys atm. I still think we're a little too heavy in the guts atm with both Parker and Kennedy there. I also appreciate the work they do and the load which they take off our young guys so I guess like anything it's a balance but I hope we can work out a way for Warner to continue getting time in there. I'd like Parker to spend more time forward to allow it (maybe he and Warner splitting HF/inside midfield minutes) and would also like Stephens to be a part of our wing rotation ultimately. Good problems to have though, we've finally got a bit of depth in the middle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back