Serie A 2020/21 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Empoli up and now Salernitana for first time in over 20 years. Went bankrupt 15 years ago. Owned by Lazio owner and told by FA that he has to sell as can’t own two clubs.

Empoli up and now Salernitana for first time in over 20 years. Went bankrupt 15 years ago. Owned by Lazio owner and told by FA that he has to sell as can’t own two clubs.
Interesting to see if he can sell, otherwise they may be stuck in B until they find someone willing to commit.

De Laurentis bought Bari when they went down to Serie D, but I don't think Bari will be too hard a sell whenever they come back up considering historically they're a yoyo side from A to B and are one of the larger cities of the south, also have a huge stadium too, so plenty to work with imo.

Interesting to see if he can sell, otherwise they may be stuck in B until they find someone willing to commit.

De Laurentis bought Bari when they went down to Serie D, but I don't think Bari will be too hard a sell whenever they come back up considering historically they're a yoyo side from A to B and are one of the larger cities of the south, also have a huge stadium too, so plenty to work with imo.
Interesting.
He must have known they have been in promotion contention for a while and would be forced to sell but you say its a going to be a hard sell regardless.

Interesting.
He must have known they have been in promotion contention for a while and would be forced to sell but you say its a going to be a hard sell regardless.
For a small side like Salernitana who historically would be about Serie C standard, yep will be interesting to see if he can sell.

Don't think they have been a Serie B regular either the last decade or so, maybe 2-3 years tops.

For a small side like Salernitana who historically would be about Serie C standard, yep will be interesting to see if he can sell.

Don't think they have been a Serie B regular either the last decade or so, maybe 2-3 years tops.
1620707328725.png

How many of their players are loaned from Lazio too.

Really requires some backdoor corruption to get it done.

Inter may be on the beach when you play them

This weekend imo is your hardest game actually, Sassuolo fighting Roma for the last EL spot are only 2 points behind them, Bologna are safe from relegation on 40 points, I think that won't be too hard.

I would say Milan has the trickiest draw, then you guys after that
It depends what Inter turns up but I think they’ll want to mark their territory that game. Hope they’re too busy celebrating though.

Agree with the rest.

View attachment 1124424

How many of their players are loaned from Lazio too.

Really requires some backdoor corruption to get it done.
Lazio owner probably bought the club with this in mind to be a feeder source, problem now for him is it's became too good

Pretty common thing though

The Udinese family the Pozzos bought in England and Spain being Watford and Granada instead to farm out players

They have since sold Granada, but players still jump back and forth between Udinese and Watford.

You'll make it now

1 of Atalanta/Milan will drop points next week and Napoli could still slip up
If Milan wins their game in hand tonight the result won’t matter between Atalanta and Milan. It then comes down to us and Napoli and I think Napoli win both fixtures to edge us out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Atalanta and milan have superior head to head record against Juve.
They cannot overtake atalanta and can only overtake Milan if Milan fail to beat Cagliari.
if y'all could shut it that'd be grand.
I have little doubt we'll now bottle it :D

Atalanta are safe then

Still think Juve will make it
Napoli have choked a few times this season and Cagliari are on a bit of a roll so their game with Milan should be interesting. Having said that can't see Fiorentina beating Napoli barring a remarkable choke, they have been toothless this season.

We nearly choked last night wth our guns being rested early after a big lead and we were very nervy. The aggressive pressing late on really plays into a team like Genoa's hands, that was the only way they could score, long balls in behind. We wasted a lot of possession and chances too.

Big Coppa final between Atalanta Juve mid week, should be a good game, their last league match was a great one.

Torino have given Benevento a sniff too. Torino play Lazio mid week and Benevento in the final fixture, while Benevento play Crotone tonight.
It would be a big choke for Torino to get relegated after a massive turnaround under Davide Nicola.
Benevento are all but cooked, reckon this will be Crotones grand final

Napoli win 2-0 and if Milan win tonight then CL is as good as done.
Pirlo is guaranteed to be gone and the rebuild has to start. With our financial position it could be a bleak couple of years which I’m sure everyone else will enjoy

Benevento cough up a 93rd minute equaliser which now leaves Cagliari safe.
Torino plays Benevento in the last round with the everything on the line. Benevento win they are safe a loss or draw they are gone

Benevento cough up a 93rd minute equaliser which now leaves Cagliari safe.
Torino plays Benevento in the last round with the everything on the line. Benevento win they are safe a loss or draw they are gone

Toro safe if they get a draw in their mid-week catch up game vs Lazio

Remove this Banner Ad

Back