Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
Sam Taylor is a jet. Bring the boy home so we can start working on our 6 KPD backline.

Completely agree. For a player who is yet to play 50 matches, S.Taylor has had an exceptional start to the season as a KPD.

22 years old and out of contract next year - of all the WA-grown targets elsewhere in the competition I would have him second only to S.Bolton.

Taylor of course would have a much lower price however, and with GWS potentially needing to salary dump due to the money that Coniglio, Greene and Kelly are on, an approach to trade for him may be listened to rather than rejected straight away.

May 23, 2010
Chalong 83130
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth (Demons)
Completely agree. For a player who is yet to play 50 matches, S.Taylor has had an exceptional start to the season as a KPD.

22 years old and out of contract next year - of all the WA-grown targets elsewhere in the competition I would have him second only to S.Bolton.

Taylor of course would have a much lower price however, and with GWS potentially needing to salary dump due to the money that Coniglio, Greene and Kelly are on, an approach to trade for him may be listened to rather than rejected straight away.
Can't see Bolton going anywhere

Apr 29, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

Genuinely think they're more likely to lose Cogs or Kelly than Taylor. Will move heaven an earth to keep him and rightfully so. Absolute superstar in the making

Priddis Is Done

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Good old Cockburn

Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if this ****ing club never wins a premiership with the amount of ****ing dumb sh*t that goes one here. I don't care whether the mistake was to get him in the first place or to let him go, we clearly haven't learned our lessons from the laughing stock days and probably never will. Some sports clubs just aren't built for success

May 23, 2010
Chalong 83130
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth (Demons)
Good old Cockburn

Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if this ****ing club never wins a premiership with the amount of ****ing dumb sh*t that goes one here. I don't care whether the mistake was to get him in the first place or to let him go, we clearly haven't learned our lessons from the laughing stock days and probably never will. Some sports clubs just aren't built for success
Peter Bell?

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
Giants looked cooked which I guess helps us playing them away off a shorter break.

Making top four is going to be so hard. Geelong, Port, Brisbane and Richmond competing with us for two spots.
Us making top 2/4 is gonna be similar to Liverpool making top 4.

Season long grind

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 29, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Giants looked cooked which I guess helps us playing them away off a shorter break.

Making top four is going to be so hard. Geelong, Port, Brisbane and Richmond competing with us for two spots.

Port looking more and more like pretenders imo

Granted they are missing some important players but I don't see it

Port looking more and more like pretenders imo

Granted they are missing some important players but I don't see it

The only missing players of note are Houston (key player but every club is missing some), Lycett (cannot blame luck for that one), Rockliff (arguably out of first 22 anyway), Butters (still young and raw albeit talented) and Duursma (ditto).

They just aren't capable of contending - yet - or maybe never.

Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
Richmond only got 18 000 to last nights game.
Should've been at the Gee :rolleyes:

Biggest supporter base in the country too I guess.

Reckon the scare from the Covid-positive case that was on the train with commuters to last week's Richmond-Geelong match has put off a lot from attending until the vaccine roll-out is complete.

Too many quarantine-slips are occurring and the population have lost confidence in being able to gather in large crowds without a possible threat being presented.

Ticketing in Melbourne has by all accounts been a fiasco as well, which is no doubt also having an impact upon attendances.

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
I’m pretty comfortable in saying the team don’t read BigFooty and slack off in their preparation because Internet fans think they should beat 14th.
Watch out, the $NaRrAtIvE hOlDeRs$ will come after you with all that positivity.

Reckon the scare from the Covid-positive case that was on the train with commuters to last week's Richmond-Geelong match has put off a lot from attending until the vaccine roll-out is complete.

Too many quarantine-slips are occurring and the population have lost confidence in being able to gather in large crowds without a possible threat being presented.

Ticketing in Melbourne has by all accounts been a fiasco as well, which is no doubt also having an impact upon attendances.

As Cornes hit on though, the grand final rematch the week before only had 54K attending.

Both sets of fans are Victorian based as well.

Richmond saying they should play at the G because it has a bigger capacity was BS of the highest order, they were never going to get a big crowd last night.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
As Cornes hit on though, the grand final rematch the week before only had 54K attending.

Both sets of fans are Victorian based as well.

Richmond saying they should play at the G because it has a bigger capacity was BS of the highest order, they were never going to get a big crowd last night.

Not denying at all the whinge from Richmond during the week was complete BS.

The real reason Richmond went so hard on the venue matter was with a view towards finals - if the precedent is set now, then it dilutes the reasons to not allow Geelong or the Bulldogs to host any potential finals match against the Tigers at Kardinia Park or Docklands rather than the MCG.

The irony of course is with the rule changes the Tigers are now a far better team at Docklands than the MCG.

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
Richmond only got 18 000 to last nights game.
Should've been at the Gee :rolleyes:

Biggest supporter base in the country too I guess.
Everyone rags on Port's crowds but look what happens when a Melbourne club has to supply 95% of the crowd and doesn't have MCC/VFL member freeloaders to pad the numbers.

"Damien Hardwick wants more MCG home games"

Oh fu** off, you already play 80% of the season there home and away.

Collingwood play two this year at Marvel Stadium against interstate sides but no complaints from them. Last night was Richmond's only Marvel game against an interstate side (like all other Victorian sides, Richmond also play Marvel away games against Marvel home tenants like Essendon and North).

They sure are a whiny bunch at Punt Road. Picky fans, too, considering 10k+ didn't bother to show up because it was a whole 2kms further away from the MCG.

jesterwester

Premiership Player
May 1, 2007
Australind
AFL Club
West Coast
Every time Walters goes near the ball I swear his first action is to try and draw a free kick rather than actually compete.

Being tackled? Ducks his head
Marking Contest? Accentuates even the slightest contact.

He isn’t getting them as often these days. He’d be better served just trying to actually contest the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back