Review Round 5, 2021: Box Hill v North Melbourne, Sunday 16th May @ 12:05pm, BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

Morris, Saunders, Jeka, Howe and Greaves looking very good from the listed players.

Hard to tell with Finn considering his role.

Downie not getting near it much, although he is playing on the wing the ball appears to be avoiding.

First BHH game I’ve watched this year. Impressed by Morris and Reeves. Also Mynott has done some nice things.

6 goals to 3 that qtr. 89 - 39.

Saunders knows how to get to the right spots. Looks pretty light though at this stage. Howe racking them up. Jeka getting hit on the lead, imagine that! Could have had a big game except for a couple of stray shots on goal. Dewitt and Minett (sp) also looked good.

Commentators mentioned he is tagging.
He is, but I'm just not sure if being a decent VFL tagger is good enough. He wasn't a spindly project, he came in with a body and a tank. I find it pretty concerning that he can't seem to make a meaningful impact working off his man at this level.

He is, but I'm just not sure if being a decent VFL tagger is good enough. He wasn't a spindly project, he came in with a body and a tank. I find it pretty concerning that he can't seem to make a meaningful impact working off his man at this level.
Based on Sam Mitchell's reports I am happy with where he is at. Wouldnt have played AFL a couple ago if he were not doing what was asked of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neither Finn nor Downie play with any freedom. Assume that is what the coaches want . You can see the BH guys like De Witt and Newk who are not over-coached play a much more instinctive game. Long term thinking, let’s hope it pays off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back