No Oppo Supporters The Positivity Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Losing to the Wiggles increases the angst x 3 Which fuels a lot of the negativity ( my own included) However, If we pessimisticly win 1 of the next 3 we will be 5/5. If we have a similar result in the next ten we are right in the mix for the 8, which many thought pre-season we should be.

I just watched AFL NRL players on the ABC's you cant ask that..
It made me respect any player who makes it onto an AFL list.. there was a common theme of damaged mental health due to the effect Media and social media scrutiny and criticism had on these guys...as well as the pressure to perform...

My heart bleeds. Thank god people in other jobs don't have to deal with mental health issues like criticism or pressure.

Losing to the Wiggles increases the angst x 3 Which fuels a lot of the negativity ( my own included) However, If we pessimisticly win 1 of the next 3 we will be 5/5. If we have a similar result in the next ten we are right in the mix for the 8, which many thought pre-season we should be.
As long as we are still in the hunt for the top eight at the end of the year I will be ecstatic.
Just missing out but showing improvement on and off the field
is a pass.
Jlo still has plenty to learn especially on game day.
But if we get glimpses of it all clicking get excited for 2022.
Our age demographic will give inconsistent results.
Next year is the all important, that’s when you can realistically
judge the rebuild.
Jlo has had 3 years to look, fix the holes.
No excuses.

Three Positivity Threads For The Price Of One
Here's a positive for your Monday morning - we now have a MechaPositivity Thread (like Voltron only happy) which is the amalgamation of the threads created by Allikat, dockshark & Square Peg (thank you all!!).

bobby merge.gif

There you go BeinPurplenGreen & Snuffaluphagus, my monthly moderator obligations are now fulfilled.

Enjoy your day everyone.

I am going to doggedly stick to my position that the talent we have on our list is elite thanks to a combination of good drafting and lucky drafting (and the Gold Coast list manager) and we are well placed to move into the top echelon of teams over the next two seasons. I have concerns over the quality of our role players and I'm a bit on the fence when it come to Longmuir's tactical nouse (his strategic level stuff seems to be pretty good).

On my list here gold is demonstrated elite talent not yet fully realized, orange is current elite talents that have some chance of still being on the park in 2023, blue a solid B graders and pink are players who have shown talent, but ceiling is unknown due lack of exposure or injury. The rest are C+ to role players to not-going-to-make-it/cooked (or are 36).

1621213537396.png

To me my list here (assuming you agree with it), shows us one of the issues we have in that too large a number of our experienced players are C graders. Compare it to Essendon yesterday the top half of their players age wise was 90% of their best players. Whereas we have players like Colyer, Lobb, Wilson Acres, Aish and co up in near the top in experience, while all of our best bar the big four are 23 or under.
By the way I'm not using C grader as a pejorative here. They are good solid AFL citizens, just in a better side they would be filling the role of your Dumans and Crowdens and not be in the first 12 or 15 picked.
Okay this post is not positive enough. Henry: after seeing him live last year I was concerned but after his last two matches you can just tell from the way he moves he has star quality.

Logue and Watson were two big positives yesterday for me. Logue showed flashes of really elite ability I thought. He is such a raw player though. He needs games games games. Please no more injuries.
Watson went back with the flight a couple of times and is improving as he plays more matches. Worth a list spot IMO and potential to become a rookie list success story.
Brayshaw and Darcy all class.
Cerra also impressive.
Cox was pretty solid I thought.

That’s about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay this post is not positive enough. Henry: after seeing him live last year I was concerned but after his last two matches you can just tell from the way he moves he has star quality.
I agree with you. I think i posted this before; he has started to move through traffic in a way that reminds me of his u18 highlights. In saying that he has significant parts of his game that need work on. In saying that i think they are improvable parts of his game.

Read the Cerra article in west coast aussie today. Doesn't sound too negative about Freo at all.
Said that he's just taking it week by week, so I think he's just taking his time.
Some of his delivery yesterday was sublime

Kane Cornes is giving some big kudos to Caleb Serong on Footy Classified tonight. Commended longmuir for giving him a specific task yesterday too.
Then later he again contrasts the performance of Serong with the poor efforts of Rankine and Lukocius at Gold Coast.
Yeah I know Cornes was a tagger himself but still

I’m looking forward to seeing how our midfield goes this weekend. I can’t remember the last game that we had all of our best stoppage players all in the same team.

Fyfe
Mundy
Brayshaw
Serong
Cerra
Tucker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back