Review Dogs 96 def Power 77 - Rd 9, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else notice after Bont kicked that majestical goal in the 1st quarter, Libba is in the background rubbing his melon after his masterful extraction that setup the goal. Ant Scott goes over to check on Lib and he just winks at Scotty as if to say "Don't worry about me mate, i live for this s**t".

You said Bev wouldn’t carry a player to save face.

I’m saying he flat out did that with Gowers imo.

Now on Hannan. He is average 7 possessions. 1 tackle. And 1 goal in 3 games

Wallis average 14 possessions, 1 tackle and 0 goals in two games.

Hannan has done far less than Wallis did and to talk him up is a slap in Wallys face imo
When was Gowers carried as a passenger? He was our leading goalkicker in 2018, Got dropped after inconsistent form in 2019 while still having many shots on goal and then played only 3 games last year.

We have arguably our best win since the premiership, sit at 8-1 and have scored more than any other team in the comp in the first 9 weeks, have a forward sitting 2nd in the Coleman (when was the last time we had that) and people (lol let's not kid ourselves it's person) are still ******* whinging about team selection.

You are not a real supporter if you are still upset about these things, fair dinkum.

When was Gowers carried as a passenger? He was our leading goalkicker in 2018, Got dropped after inconsistent form in 2019 while still having many shots on goal and then played only 3 games last year.

He won our goal kicking in 2018 with 26 goals in a really poor team. If we were any good he wouldn’t have been plying

He was a passenger the entire 2019 season

And got 3 chances in 2020 on no form and did nothing each time.

7/8th of this forum screamed the joint down each time he was picked so don’t change the narrative now.

Most in here were saying the same thing and mentioned Bev over ruling Dal and bringing him in so I’m not sure why any would argue this point now.

Obviously we are a better team now and Bev doesn’t need to “carry” anyone but he I think he gave Gowers several more chances than he deserved

Last edited:
It’s always interesting having a look on the oppositions board after a game. They are pretty filthy at the umpires. Bont’s ‘in the back’ from Bergman and Naughton’s one where his head hit the ground are the two main ones. Both 50/50 in my book.

For what it's worth, I thought the Bont free kick was absolutely reasonable but the Naughton one was a total shocker. Mind you - no more of a shocker than the free kick paid against Cody Weightman for "in the back" that donated a goal to Port.

Anyone else notice after Bont kicked that majestical goal in the 1st quarter, Libba is in the background rubbing his melon after his masterful extraction that setup the goal. Ant Scott goes over to check on Lib and he just winks at Scotty as if to say "Don't worry about me mate, i live for this sh*t".
Would love to see this clip

Liber’s hands belong in a fu**in museum next to pharlap.
He he he, love this post.
Totally agree. His hands are insane. 2 players hanging off him and dishes it off over his head to Bont. How the f@@@ did he do that?! Then he does it again and again.
I said it at the end of last year that Libba was the reason we scraped into the finals in 2020. I shudder to think of us taking the field without him. A few years ago when Libba went down Wallis stepped into that role and thrived. I reckon we need to get him playing that role in the 2’s as a Libba insurance policy.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For what it's worth, I thought the Bont free kick was absolutely reasonable but the Naughton one was a total shocker. Mind you - no more of a shocker than the free kick paid against Cody Weightman for "in the back" that donated a goal to Port.

Just seen that Jonas has been offered a $2k fine for a dangerous tackle, Daniel’s was arguably worse (both should have been nothing though) and not even mentioned in the MRO review

But as many have said we are 8-1, doesn’t mean we are perfect and don’t have things to sort out

Far from perfect and the backline was found out in the Richmond game. Luckily Dixon was garbage on Sat night however coming up against the likes of Geelong with Hawkins & Cameron could see us getting exposed again for lack of height.

Eight wins one loss. We all should be overjoyed with this result and with our great depth and where we are heading this season. As a passionate supporter I cannot work out some of Bevo's selection (Bevo's lotto) and on the surface it looks like he playing his favourites example Roarke Smith and Gardner. I probably should leave this alone . As other posters have pointed out lets just enjoy the ride.

Far from perfect and the backline was found out in the Richmond game. Luckily Dixon was garbage on Sat night however coming up against the likes of Geelong with Hawkins & Cameron could see us getting exposed again for lack of height.
Just whisper to Cameron that it's a final. That'll sort him out.

Gee I wish we could all meet in a pub somewhere one day and do a live version of a Bigfooty thread....it would be nothing if not entertaining.

However we should remain anonymous and all turn up like this:

1621208582594.png

We should have an MC who asks footy questions and we can 'out' people by guessing who they are from their responses.

Once identifified correctly, they can be unmasked.

We could invite Roarke Smith, Lin Jong Anthony Scott etc along to the pub

Why not go for the old nostalgia and call on Mitch Hahn :)

I think people are over thinking this win compared with the loss against Richmond.

Against Port we kick 15.6. Against Richmond 7.13. Almost identical scoring shots 21 versus 20. A single scoring shot the difference and completely different result.

To win games against top opposition you gots take your chances.

Is it all the players fault? I think not?

Too much coaching is focused on winning contested ball, structure around stoppages, inside 50 entries. Seems the opinion is if you get those right, the goal-kicking will take care of itself.

Well, it doesn't and won't.

There's too many players who are terrible shots for goal, and the coaches seem to brush it off as bad luck or soemthing that will "come good". Its not and won't. Its a skill that needs to be coached and practiced. A lot more than it is.

There's too many players who are terrible shots for goal,

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away... Players used to practice set shots/kicking for goal before the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back