Podcast Weekend Wrap Round 5 v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Great episode! I am really enjoying the audience interactions and discussions and great to hear Pete again
Thanks feenix67!
Thanks mate, yeah being able to get audience involvement seamlessly now has been good fun and hopefully people will keep getting involved.

Really enjoyed the Hately interview

Liked his Doedee comment

But was really interested in his use of ''becoming a powerhouse of the competition'' - an interesting phrase which might give an indication of the mindset the coaching group is pushing

I liken it to Mike Ditka when he started at Chicago when he said (paraphrase) ' stick with me and you will play in a superbowl in 3 years but some of you wont be here but you will be a part of it '

A philosophy of buy-in for the group

Really enjoyed the Hately interview

Liked his Doedee comment

But was really interested in his use of ''becoming a powerhouse of the competition'' - an interesting phrase which might give an indication of the mindset the coaching group is pushing

I liken it to Mike Ditka when he started at Chicago when he said (paraphrase) ' stick with me and you will play in a superbowl in 3 years but some of you wont be here but you will be a part of it '

A philosophy of buy-in for the group
Yeah that phrase struck me too. Could have been a turn of phrase, could have been a bit of a club mantra.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here ya go Macca...

ST KILDA 0.7 3.11 4.13 5.17 (47)
GEELONG 2.1 4.2 6.6 10.8 (68)

GOALS
St Kilda:
Membrey 2, Butler, King, Steele
Geelong: Close 2, Hawkins 2, Rohan 2, Cameron, C.Guthrie, Menegola, Narkle

BEST
St Kilda:
Crouch, Ross, Billings, Sinclair, Membrey
Geelong: C.Guthrie, Tuohy, Duncan, Smith, Stewart, Close, Henderson

but the Saints were left one short when only moments later recruit Brad Crouch left the field to have a cheekbone injury assessed. Crouch missed the second half of the third quarter as he was checked in the changerooms but he returned from the dugout to play out the final quarter.

Here ya go Macca...

ST KILDA 0.7 3.11 4.13 5.17 (47)
GEELONG 2.1 4.2 6.6 10.8 (68)

GOALS
St Kilda:
Membrey 2, Butler, King, Steele
Geelong: Close 2, Hawkins 2, Rohan 2, Cameron, C.Guthrie, Menegola, Narkle

BEST
St Kilda:
Crouch, Ross, Billings, Sinclair, Membrey
Geelong: C.Guthrie, Tuohy, Duncan, Smith, Stewart, Close, Henderson

but the Saints were left one short when only moments later recruit Brad Crouch left the field to have a cheekbone injury assessed. Crouch missed the second half of the third quarter as he was checked in the changerooms but he returned from the dugout to play out the final quarter.
you should get on the show and challenge him, we have live audience participation you know, would be a lot of fun

I'll fix my audio levels for next time ;)

It's hard to believe you were doing the selection podcast 5 years ago and were melting about Mackay being selected and we are still saying the same thing today and the coach has changed plus a number of assistants!

It's hard to believe you were doing the selection podcast 5 years ago and were melting about Mackay being selected and we are still saying the same thing today and the coach has changed plus a number of assistants!
Coach has changed three times!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back