Autopsy Roast & Toast vs GWS rd9 & Changes for Brisbane rd10

Best Players vs GWS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just going on Dimmas presser where he said maybe Edwards. Big difference between next week and 4-6 though. AFL injuries showing Shane 4-6 weeks so not sure what Dimma was getting at.
Lions only missing Neale and Rayner really which are two great players.
Yeah Dimma can outcoach Fagan of that I have no doubt. The way Dimma threw the team around to beat the Giants reminded me of Sheedy in his Essendon heyday.
I still cant see 4 points here. Unless the 4 youngsters continue their rise, Dusty continues to dominate the Gabba, Daniel Rioli menaces the forward line and Lynch kicks through the two middle sticks.
Pretty sure Shedda was initially going to be 4-6 but scans came back much better than expected and cut it down significantly

Just going on Dimmas presser where he said maybe Edwards. Big difference between next week and 4-6 though. AFL injuries showing Shane 4-6 weeks so not sure what Dimma was getting at.
Lions only missing Neale and Rayner really which are two great players.
Yeah Dimma can outcoach Fagan of that I have no doubt. The way Dimma threw the team around to beat the Giants reminded me of Sheedy in his Essendon heyday.
I still cant see 4 points here. Unless the 4 youngsters continue their rise, Dusty continues to dominate the Gabba, Daniel Rioli menaces the forward line and Lynch kicks through the two middle sticks.
would love shedda back, but we can't be playing him if he's touch and go, should be cherry ripe for a week before getting a game. Our only hope is that our injured stars come back in and stay in

Reckon in hindsight this game will be our 2019 Port Adelaide game.

if we can finish at least 6th, I reckon we’ll win the flag. We’ve shown we can win interstate, and play 3 finals on the way to a granny win.

with the talent we’ve got coming back in, plus the emergence of young guys and the development of guys like Baker - who could really add to our depth of midfield rotations - I think we will hit our straps in the last 1/4 of the season. If we get a bit of luck and play most finals in Melbourne at the G, and have a better run with injuries, then the rest of the comp should be shitting themselves

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without scrolling the comments does anybody think we can go in without Astbury and let broad/grimes/Balta cover Brisbane’s talls? Bring in CCJ to stretch their defence.. normally I would say no but Mansell is doing a great job nullifying oppos small forwards so although Cameron would be his toughest job so far I reckon give him a crack. Astbury is really struggling IMO

Without scrolling the comments does anybody think we can go in without Astbury and let broad/grimes/Balta cover Brisbane’s talls? Bring in CCJ to stretch their defence.. normally I would say no but Mansell is doing a great job nullifying oppos small forwards so although Cameron would be his toughest job so far I reckon give him a crack. Astbury is really struggling IMO

To save you reading all the crap, basically there is a 50/50 split between people who think the same & others that think he has been great. Some think he is playing our back 6 good enough - others think he is moving terribly and when called upon to go 1 on 1 or get on his bike, he is struggling

Wouldn't think this is the week to lose our tallest defender. Think we just have to back Dave in. Our backs have been under the pump due to us not being able to put enough pressure on the mids feeding oppo forwards.

Hipwood 204cm
Daniher 200cm
McStay 195cm

All in pretty good form.

Last edited:
Lol no. Because astbury has been pretty solid this season. Is this another one of those "pick the random 30+ year old and say he is finished" type thing

Baker was amazing in the middle. I was really surprized but RCD was the nicest shock I received. When his confidence grew through the game, he just became better and better. Without these two stepping up in the center, Dusty would never have been afforded the luxuty to go forward and effectively win the game for us. Oh and welcome back Grimesy - you make such a difference to our backline when the whips are cracking

Great win

- Liam Baker would be one of the first magnets Dimma reaches for every match committee.. a genuine Richmond man
- Leave Balta back. He is going to be our full back for the next 10 years, stop mucking with the kids head
- Bachar has been a great servant but i'm extremely worried about him.. he's freefalling off that dreaded cliff. Not convinced he's best 22 anymore.
- Cool the jets on CCJ.. yes i'd like to see him eventually but also value the role Marbs can play too.. he adds more flexibility and has proved he can play that third fwd role quite effectively.. plus his ruck craft is actually more developed than CCJs
- How much did that win mean to #4.. not often he shows that level of emotion

As long as we get through Lions with no new injuries, i'm happy to knock off Crows + Dons to make it 7-5 at the turn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back