Player Watch 2021 AFL National Draft - NOT FOR TRADE DISCUSSION

What should we do withs Pick 5, 21 and 24?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s stick with a basic rule for this thread, that it’s for draft watch and discussion only.

It’s not for trade hypotheticals, who you think needs to be delisted or traded, how many games you think we will win, some other team will win, how many picks you want in the 1st round or discussion of current HFC players.

It’s about youngsters who are eligible for the draft in 2021.

Key dates to look out for:
  • NAB AFL Draft Combine: TBC
  • NAB AFL Draft: Wednesday November 24 - Thursday November 25
  • NAB AFL Pre-season and Rookie Drafts: Friday November 26

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I went to box hill game and couldn’t be less impressed with Sonsie. Didn’t excite me at all, there is no way in the world he had over 20 touches either. On the other hand Roberts looks great to me. I’m in Roberts/Johnson camp atm
You obviously missed him getting the ball as he had it plenty.

I know it's been posted around the draft boards, but here's a small highlight reel for Matt Roberts from his SANFL debut. Looks like our guy right now, a good clearance player and a nice left-foot kick. Bit worried about him blazing away occasionally, but his presence as a general forward makes up for it. I like him better than Sonsie right now, can get around a contest and be a real outlet for Titch, O'Meara and Worpel's contested handballs through the middle. Very keen to see how he goes from here on out.

Was that the youngster on debut?

Sep 15, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I hadn't seen him before so thought there was a chance of that. If he continues to play consistently at the level he's shown I don't think there's a chance he lasts to the 20s. Even more so if he has a good championships. The 3-6 range of this draft after Horne & Daicos is very much up for grabs.

Considering this, what about splitting our first pick? It looks like it will end up at 2 or 3 to be honest and if its unclear who to get after Horne, why not try and get 2 top 10 picks to go with the two in the early 20s?

I do not know enough about this years draft crop to be fair, just thinking out loud

Sep 15, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Surely this is the draft we have to attack. 2004 style. Granted it will be hard without a priority pick but we already have an extra pick at about 23.

With Day and Sicily to return next year I can see some improvement up the ladder but not by much.

This is our year for a big draft hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 22, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It was exactly 20 years ago that we traded into picks 1 and 36 that would ultimately set up our club for success.

Interestingly, there was another son that year that was touted as a #1 pick that ended up going cheaply to his famous father's club.

The question is, will we (need to) trade for the #1 pick this year...

Chioli

Team Captain
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Or maybe they'll win 2 more games than us for the rest of the season so we don't have to give up pick 21.
Correct. North will beat a couple of teams on the way home and our percentage is going to get a beating considering we still play dogs, lions, demons, tigers, cats, swans, Port, Giants (Away).

How did Tyreece Leiu look vs box hill?
He’s a unit for an 18yr old. Was ok in a side that didn’t offer much.

We don’t have access to him anymore anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back