VFL 2021 VFL R5 v Sydney (Sat 15-May 4.45pm @ SCG) - [kayo]

Remove this Banner Ad

It's just mindless to blame him when others destroyed the list and the cap while we were in the window, they cost us a minimum of 1 flag maybe 2

But lets blame Bucks because that sells papers and people need simple solutions

Our list isn't destroyed. We lost Treloar and Stephenson, Phillips (fringe) as best 22 players last year and bought in a whole heap of much needed young talent including McCreery and Poulter who are best 22 now.

I don't think Treloar and Stephenson would make much difference to the current team and how we're playing. We're clearly getting destroyed by the new rules that make our zone defence redundant and the coaches have no ideas how to use quick ball movement to our advantage going forward.

Our list isn't destroyed. We lost Treloar and Stephenson, Phillips (fringe) as best 22 players last year and bought in a whole heap of much needed young talent including McCreery and Poulter who are best 22 now.
It's destroyed where it counts, you aren't building up that midfield for years

It's destroyed where it counts, you aren't building up that midfield for years

How so? We literally only lost Treloar from that midfield. Otherwise it's Adams out injured that we're badly missing. Adams and Crisp are our core midfielders in their prime with Pendles still highly consistent when played there. Josh Daicos now getting the opportunity to play in the centre is also developing into a high production midfielder.

We just recruited Macrae/Reef/Poulter last year as the core of our next generation of midfielders. We also have Nick Daicos coming in this year. T.Brown/Sier could still become something. Midfield is not an area I'm worried about with strong young talent coming through.

We just need some more forward line talent. Hopefully we pick up Stengle in the midseason draft. And look to poach a key forward when we're ready to play finals again from 2023+

How so? We literally only lost Treloar from that midfield. Otherwise it's Adams out injured that we're badly missing. Adams and Crisp are our core midfielders in their prime with Pendles still highly consistent when played there. Josh Daicos now getting the opportunity to play in the centre is also developing into a high production midfielder.

We just recruited Macrae/Reef/Poulter last year as the core of our next generation of midfielders. We also have Nick Daicos coming in this year. T.Brown/Sier could still become something. Midfield is not an area I'm worried about with strong young talent coming through.

We just need some more forward line talent. Hopefully we pick up Stengle in the midseason draft. And look to poach a key forward when we're ready to play finals again from 2023+
No you've lost Treloar, Pendlebury and Sidebottom, their ghosts may be lingering but they are way past their prime and aren't ever contending again

We need 3 elite mids and they don't grow on trees and I don't see them in the magoos

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back