Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Last competitive fight Canelo was in was the 2 GGG fights, he's an unreal boxer. I thought GGG just won the 1st and Canelo just in the second. No one has got close to ginger since, could end up a first ballot HOFr.

I've been vocal as the president of the Justis Huni fan club but this is tremendous to see/hear. Understands the long game and how big this fight is for future earnings. Too many camps have a short-sighted approach. On top of this he has a fight set for May (I forgot that), then Gallen, then Tokyo all within 3-4 months. Awesome.

He walks through Gallen, I have zero doubt about this but take it slower after that. They're talking top 15, don't get silly or you'll have a Dubois/Joyce situation. Need a good 4-5 fights/camps slowly working up after Gallen rather than jumping in at the top

I've been vocal as the president of the Justis Huni fan club but this is tremendous to see/hear. Understands the long game and how big this fight is for future earnings. Too many camps have a short-sighted approach. On top of this he has a fight set for May (I forgot that), then Gallen, then Tokyo all within 3-4 months. Awesome.

He walks through Gallen, I have zero doubt about this but take it slower after that. They're talking top 15, don't get silly or you'll have a Dubois/Joyce situation. Need a good 4-5 fights/camps slowly working up after Gallen rather than jumping in at the top

Agree that he should take his time, chart a careful --but active-- course, not cut corners etc.

He's only just turned 22, so much time to build his career and build upon his talent.

Agree that he should take his time, chart a careful --but active-- course, not cut corners etc.

He's only just turned 22, so much time to build his career and build upon his talent.
Had to take time off for a concussion too which isn't ideal. Go through this 2 fight/Olympic gauntlet and take the rest of 2021 off. Rest up for 3-4 fights next year

Much, much brighter prospect than Yoka, Ajagba, Sanchez or Wardley who are all top 40 right now

Gotta respect the balls on Gallen, he's certainly willing to step in the ring. Unlike Jake Paul who's a pussy Gallens fought some pretty tough blokes.
Hall, Hunt, Browne and now Huni ain't nothing to sneeze at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta respect the balls on Gallen, he's certainly willing to step in the ring. Unlike Jake Paul who's a pussy Gallens fought some pretty tough blokes.
Hall, Hunt, Browne and now Huni ain't nothing to sneeze at.

Absolutely, and I feel like Gallen could still be making at least the same fighting league blokes. As good as Huni is no one outside of boxing circles knows who he is really

Sounds like Fury/AJ have finally got something signed and a definitive date/location. About time

Still won't believe it until they make the ring walk though...

I really hope it's happening this time, I am similarly pessimistic though. This is clearly the biggest fight that boxing can make right now, usually means it doesn't happen.

Absolutely, and I feel like Gallen could still be making at least the same fighting league blokes. As good as Huni is no one outside of boxing circles knows who he is really
The difference is league blokes won't give Gallen an 85% split of revenue like Huni is to make the fight...

Gallen is also watched because most want to watch him lose. If he fights another league bloke the fight loses that intrigue/angle and probably doesn't sell as well

The difference is league blokes won't give Gallen an 85% split of revenue like Huni is to make the fight...

Gallen is also watched because most want to watch him lose. If he fights another league bloke the fight loses that intrigue/angle and probably doesn't sell as well

Yeah look I'd think Gallen v SBW would have a much larger audience than Gallen v Huni, but yes Gallen wouldn't get 85%. Either way Huni may just beat the s**t out of him most likely, though would be funny if Gallen won, boxing purists would be shattered ha ha

Yeah look I'd think Gallen v SBW would have a much larger audience than Gallen v Huni, but yes Gallen wouldn't get 85%. Either way Huni may just beat the sh*t out of him most likely, though would be funny if Gallen won, boxing purists would be shattered ha ha
50% of the SBW fight really going to be more than 85-90% of the Huni fight? I doubt it personally but maybe I'm underestimating the casual appeal. I couldn't care less if SBW ever fights again

We won't have blasphemy like the bolded in here, sir. Let's not entertain this as a possibility. Should see you banned LOL

50% of the SBW fight really going to be more than 85-90% of the Huni fight? I doubt it personally but maybe I'm underestimating the casual appeal. I couldn't care less if SBW ever fights again

We won't have blasphemy like the bolded in here, sir. Let's not entertain this as a possibility. Should see you banned LOL

Yeah look would be interesting to see the projections, maybe they've done the numbers and figured the Huni fight is more in absolute dollars (there's every chance they know more about the boxing business than me ha ha )

I guess I'm somewhat of a boxing purist but geez a lot in the sport are very close minded, it shits me. I loved it when Deontay Wilder was knocking everyone out "oh he can't box for s**t, look at his footwork, blah blah blah", well the main aim of boxing is to knock the other guy out and he did it better than nearly anyone I can recall. Plus he did win a bronze at the Olympics, clearly he has some skill.

Yeah look would be interesting to see the projections, maybe they've done the numbers and figured the Huni fight is more in absolute dollars (there's every chance they know more about the boxing business than me ha ha )

I guess I'm somewhat of a boxing purist but geez a lot in the sport are very close minded, it shits me. I loved it when Deontay Wilder was knocking everyone out "oh he can't box for sh*t, look at his footwork, blah blah blah", well the main aim of boxing is to knock the other guy out and he did it better than nearly anyone I can recall. Plus he did win a bronze at the Olympics, clearly he has some skill.
It's true Wilder wasn't a good 'boxer' in classical terms but gee it doesn't matter when you have that equalizer of a right hand!

People like to be right so they'll keep looking for reasons to be so. If they said Wilder sucked 15 fights ago, they'd have clung to it that the whole time. He's one of my most disliked fighters but still like watching for the KO threat & him v Fury 1 is one of my all-time favourite fights

Assume he fights Ruiz now the AJ/Fury fight is (assumed to be) agreed.

An 'arbitration' has ruled that Tyson Fury will be required to fight a third match with Deontay Wilder by mid-September, which puts the Joshua-Fury fight in serious doubt:

The fight may never happen, but at least we have the negotiations and courtroom dramas to keep us entertained...

PS: Wilder can go f*** himself. If there be a trilogy, we can hope that his shorts aren't too tight or his robe isn't too heavy.

An 'arbitration' has ruled that Tyson Fury will be required to fight a third match with Deontay Wilder by mid-September, which puts the Joshua-Fury fight in serious doubt:

The fight may never happen, but at least we have the negotiations and courtroom dramas to keep us entertained...

PS: Wilder can go f*** himself. If there be a trilogy, we can hope that his shorts aren't too tight or his robe isn't too heavy.
I've officially banned myself from reading anything about the AJ/ Fury fight. It's gone beyond boring

I've officially banned myself from reading anything about the AJ/ Fury fight. It's gone beyond boring

I'm a fan of Ring magazine's 'mythical matchups', where they pair fighters who could only ever meet in the realm of the imagination.

Spence v Crawford may as well be one of those. Joshua-Fury could be going the same way.

I'm a fan of Ring magazine's 'mythical matchups', where they pair fighters who could only ever meet in the realm of the imagination.

Spence v Crawford may as well be one of those. Joshua-Fury could be going the same way.

You could even argue Mayweather v Pac was one of them, I mean they did fight but both were past their best.

I love both boxing and MMA but at least these big fights are much more likely to happen in MMA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back