Past #14: Trent Dumont - delisted end '21 - 113 NM games/26 NM goals - 2019 NM VCapt - thanks Froggy

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I can't fathom how a random 2nd or 3rd rounder for a guy who is a great clubman, disciplined player and hitting his peak years is seen as a great return by anyone.

Trent was a friggin random 2nd rounder in the first place and is entering his mid 20s with 100 games and a little bit of finals experience under his belt. Why would we 'sell' him now?

(yes I know he's FA you get what I mean)

I would suspect that if Trent went in to a trade, it would be for another ready to go player, or a significant daft pick upgrade.

Kangaroo Cat

Club Legend
Jun 2, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I put a comment and his Instagram asking him not to leave because north need him. I reckon if enough people beg it will be enough to make him stay.

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
Based on that interview with Heath alone, I'm guessing he's gone already and Heath knows it. Simply because when the subject was milestone games he looked back to 50, 100 and forwards to 101, but not forward to the obvious 150.

He's just missed a huge chunk of games so might be wary of talking about 150? Realistically it would be in the 2024 season.

Based on that interview with Heath alone, I'm guessing he's gone already and Heath knows it. Simply because when the subject was milestone games he looked back to 50, 100 and forwards to 101, but not forward to the obvious 150.
I thought that too for a minute. At the end he doesn't say here's to 100 more.

But also at the start "No Frog, no North" was slightly awkward.

Mcarcherey

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne

disagree, think he was just wanting to win the next game....

ppl are talking like he's 28/29, he's only 25. he can play inside, wing, a handy small forward and a leader among the team. don't see the need to trade him. The only foreseeable situation is if he gets a higher offer elsewhere, but don't think he's rated highly outside of north anyway so can't see him leaving.

ppl are talking like he's 28/29, he's only 25. he can play inside, wing, a handy small forward and a leader among the team. don't see the need to trade him. The only foreseeable situation is if he gets a higher offer elsewhere, but don't think he's rated highly outside of north anyway so can't see him leaving.

Reckon lots of clubs would have him tomorrow. Essendon were big into him last year.

Not being rated by nuffs on here and in the media certainly doesn't equal not being rated in club land.

Either could I if it wasn't for some constant talk about it for a while now. He's not someone we want to lose but he would be perfect for a side like Adelaide. Or us....

This is the first time he's played since last year, with a bunch of teammates gone, an entirely new footy department and the hub maybe its not the same place it was for him. That said its easy to read stuff that isn't there into things. I hope he stays cos he is a great player imo.

Mrs Toes and I had a long chat with Froggy a couple of years ago (they hit it off, both being from Adelaide) and leaving North seemed a very very long way from his thoughts back then. He loves Melbourne and loves the club, and he said at the time that there was no pull to head back home.

Personally speaking only I'd be very surprised if he was wanting out.

Top well spoken young bloke is Frog.

Mrs Toes and I had a long chat with Froggy a couple of years ago (they hit it off, both being from Adelaide) and leaving North seemed a very very long way from his thoughts back then. He loves Melbourne and loves the club, and he said at the time that there was no pull to head back home.

Personally speaking only I'd be very surprised if he was wanting out.

Was pretty well documented he had serious concerns about direction of club late last year, but they seem to have been allayed.

Do Adelaide supporters think he's definitely going?

Kangaroo Cat

Club Legend
Jun 2, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Screenshot_20210518-131303_Security Master.jpg

See? he listens, we can make him stay

Kangaroos techno

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Love him to stay. Adds too much leadership, experience and work ethic to our side.

In saying that i also feel like he is gone. Judging by his character he's probably had an open and honest chat with noble. Him leaving the leadership group is too suss.

Love him to stay. Adds too much leadership, experience and work ethic to our side.

In saying that i also feel like he is gone. Judging by his character he's probably had an open and honest chat with noble. Him leaving the leadership group is too suss.

I just went and asked on the Crows board and Frog being a done deal to them is news over there. None of them seem too excited.

Wouldn't be surprised or in any way annoyed if Frog tested the FA market, but I reckon he stays.

Late last year was when he was vulnerable imo

Was pretty well documented he had serious concerns about direction of club late last year, but they seem to have been allayed.

Yeah the coach and player conga line out of the joint would have had anyone asking questions back then.

Thankfully, that seems like eons ago now.

His impact was noticeable.
Popped up in the right places and you can see what he adds to the side from a defensive point of view that we’ve been sorely missing. Great game 100

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

My brother hung with him for a couple of hours and claimed pretty much the same thing. No pretensions or woke bullshit, just a good down to earth bloke.

The Anvil

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My brother hung with him for a couple of hours and claimed pretty much the same thing. No pretensions or woke bullshit, just a good down to earth bloke.

I still don't get this woke stuff, so is it 1) people who care about in the media social issues, 2) people who love outrage due to in the media social issues, or 3) people who actually care about other people based on what they read in the media?

Did the wokes (or whatever it is) care about these things and then used social media to bring attention to it?

The world is complicated these days!

I still don't get this woke stuff, so is it 1) people who care about in the media social issues, 2) people who love outrage due to in the media social issues, or 3) people who actually care about other people based on what they read in the media?

Did the wokes (or whatever it is) care about these things and then used social media to bring attention to it?

CharlieMortdecai

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne

It's an incredibly odd way to describe a conversation. I guess it's like saying "Just a really down to earth guy with no racist bullshit". I don't really expect a conversation with somebody, even if it's over the course of a couple of hours, to include racist jokes or comments, so I don't think their absence is worth noting. Similarly, I don't think the absence of "woke bullshit" (whatever exactly that is, because I'm also not sure what Tef means by that) is noteworthy either.
Perhaps we should be reading between the lines and understand that Teffy's brother probed Froggy on "woke" issues ("Whaddya reckon about the whole bending the knee thing, Trent?") and got suitable answers ("Gotta say Little Tef, that I just wanna play football. If you ask me, ALL lives matter.")

The Anvil

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Very interesting article, the stuff on corporates was quite interesting. I work for one of Australia's biggest corps and they seem to be using social issues as a reason why the public should purchase their products.

During the discussions in relation to gay marriage, there was a large push to have people sacked where they had a negative opinion on it going ahead. If they couldn't be sacked then attempts to bully them out was apparent and encouraged on the internal social media platform.

Getting back to Trent, he probably shares differing interest to the Browns. I'm guessing an evening with Hester wouldn't be your ideal night out Tef.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Basically, inflexible fake pretentious w@nkers who seize every possible opportunity to show the world how "deep" they are.

Back