Autopsy Autopsy vs Hawthorn (W) - Rd 9. 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

The one on Garner when his jumper was clearly pulled and then his face was ripped off immediately after? Choice of two free kicks there.

Or the one on Zurhaar when he was taken out of the marking contest just after landing at Launceston airport prior to the game? Yes I think that was somewhat before the ball was within 5 metres.

There may have been two other free kicks to us in the last quarter that you could consider questionable but neither resulted in a score.

On the other hand, earlier in the game, we had Curtis Taylor fly for a mark, get a hand to it but penalised for unrealistic attempt. Just 4 minutes later, Chad Wingard flies for a mark, doesn't touch the ball, doesn't get penalised and Hawthorn runs the ball down the field for a goal.

We also saw Zurhaar bump a player slightly late and give up a free kick, whereas Simpkin got hit late and high, warranting a fine for the Hawthorn player but no free kick.

So no, I don't think we should be counting our lucky stars over favourable decisions. And Dwayne being rubbish is a constant - just like the energy density of space. Or between his ears.

Or a Hawks player 30 metres out in front of our goal attempting to fend off a tackler but not being pinged for holding the ball.

Coaches votes

Hawthorn v North Melbourne
9 Jy Simpkin (NMFC)
9 Ben Cunnington (NMFC)
4 Todd Goldstein (NMFC)
3 Liam Shiels (HAW)
3 Luke Davies-Uniacke (NMFC)
1 Aaron Hall (NMFC)
1 Chad Wingard (HAW)

🤣Given he opted for a hair transplant because “it helps my confidence”, we might all be very surprised on that front. Ben does things his way.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He'd probably say "Thanks, my back is ****ed" and enjoy it.

I would be very surprised if he made it to the AFL and hadn't been taught this tbh.
Why?
Probably....

The point is, Look at the crows this time last year, they were 0-13. It hurts the team psychologically. Once the crows got that elusive 1st win, they played better footy.

Dont get me wrong, I hated it when freo were 0-10 in 2016.

I still remembered the 2017 season when freo got belted by geelong at home by 40 points and Port in Adelaide oval by 89 points. Despite scoring 8.8.56, freo didnt have one mark inside 50 vs Port. 6 days later Freo beat the dogs 13.11.89 to 10.13.73. Freo won 6 out of 7 games from rounds 3-9. One of them was a win vs the tigers at the MCG.

I seriously think our 1st win would come at round 9 vs Carlton with the form we had after the port loss.
You make sense but its not just the youth its the injuries. And now possibly Thomas out. Its just been an ordinary year. A lot of it out of the clubs control. But you can see the parts that they are leading towards and thats why there is genuine excitement. I was initially against all the delistings, but in a way you are right. You either go the passive way or the aggressive way and we chose the latter. I think in the long run it will have been the right decision.

Watching the replay first time since the game. How can anyone claim we got an umpiring ride? We're getting screwed 1st quarter.

Getting free kicks that are there = Getting a ride.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coaches votes

Hawthorn v North Melbourne
9 Jy Simpkin (NMFC)
9 Ben Cunnington (NMFC)
4 Todd Goldstein (NMFC)
3 Liam Shiels (HAW)
3 Luke Davies-Uniacke (NMFC)
1 Aaron Hall (NMFC)
1 Chad Wingard (HAW)
Shiels had no clearances and 6 turnovers from 24 disposals. Really didn’t deserve 3 votes.

Did anyone rub their eyes in disbelief when Cunners was don't argued to the turf in the centre of the ground?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I posted in the GDT in response to that wondering if he was injured. Wasn't the first time he struggled early I thought. I wonder if he is playing with a sore back that takes some time to warm up.

It's amazing what weird tangents some conversations on football can take.

Personally I think "The Écstasy Of Gold" is the greatest piece of music ever written.
Sat down one day last year and watched tGtB&tU with my younger son for a homework task, discussing a bunch of filmmaking techniques as we went along. Still an astonishingly good film and an amazing pice of scoring.

I'll throw in Aaron Copland's Concerto for Clarinet, Strings & Harp as a current favourite. Goodman's, Stanley Drucker's, and Sabine Meyer's recordings are all fantastic.

Sat down one day last year and watched tGtB&tU with my younger son for a homework task, discussing a bunch of filmmaking techniques as we went along. Still an astonishingly good film and an amazing pice of scoring.

Let's just hope they don't remake it with Jason Statham, Vin Diesel and Bruce Willis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back