Preview Round 10: Us vs "*them" | Sunday May 23 @ 4:40pm @ Marvel Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You're irrelevant but I'm going to come and read your thread after the game.

No wonder you poor silly deadshits actually BELIEVED the spin Liz Lukin fed you in 2013.

Go on, how much did you part with?
Imagine looking back now, figuring out not only did your favourite sporting team try to implement a sophisticated doping regime, but you were so wound up in what the club was telling you, that you ignored every piece of evidence to the contrary, so much so that you handed over some of your hard earned to support them..

Man, a good bit of self reflection and they must look back like a scorned ex and think, how stupid was I..

Imagine looking back now, figuring out not only did your favourite sporting team try to implement a sophisticated doping regime, but you were so wound up in what the club was telling you, that you ignored every piece of evidence to the contrary, so much so that you handed over some of your hard earned to support them..

Man, a good bit of self reflection and they must look back like a scorned ex and think, how stupid was I..

They didn't even get a flag out of it.

LOL, they didn't even get a finals win.

Chutneys.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Their problem was that they were too obvious and got caught. I hear a few others didn't.

Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, North
Just bought a ticket through the club at 15 bucks but the good price is not the main benefit.

Won't be engulfed by Essendon fans. I wish the AFL would organise team sections better every week. I would pay more to have a Essendon free zone.

I hate Essendon for a specific reason. When the kids were little we used to be members of the cheer squads (Brissie and North) but every time Brissie played Essendon at Colonial crap would be thrown down on the Brissie cheer squad from Essendon members above. Just as bad, Essendon w***ers would come and sit near the cheer squad and bait cheer squad members.

They didn't do it at North games as I assume the much larger size of the North Cheer Squad scared then off. My twin boys still talk about it.

No mention of our forward line on this thread but it's my major worry. Kick more goals, lock the ball in more, show some system forward of the centre and the game is ours for the taking.

If we are winning late in the game I might head for the cheer squad to live old times.

Go North and Essendon fan free zones

Just bought a ticket through the club at 15 bucks but the good price is not the main benefit.

Won't be engulfed by Essendon fans. I wish the AFL would organise team sections better every week. I would pay more to have a Essendon free zone.

I hate Essendon for a specific reason. When the kids were little we used to be members of the cheer squads (Brissie and North) but every time Brissie played Essendon at Colonial crap would be thrown down on the Brissie cheer squad from Essendon members above. Just as bad, Essendon w***ers would come and sit near the cheer squad and bait cheer squad members.

They didn't do it at North games as I assume the much larger size of the North Cheer Squad scared then off. My twin boys still talk about it.

No mention of our forward line on this thread but it's my major worry. Kick more goals, lock the ball in more, show some system forward of the centre and the game is ours for the taking.

If we are winning late in the game I might head for the cheer squad to live old times.

Go North and Essendon fan free zones

Nothing could sum the mindset of that lot up better.

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
Direct quote from Boomer:

“If anybody is questioning ‘Nobes’, I will certainly be the first bloke to put my hand up and say don’t question him any further, he’s going to be a long campaigner for the North Melbourne Football Club and I look forward to working with him for hopefully a long, long time.”

A “long campaigner”! If anything, he’s a short one. 🤣

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

teethmeetsflesh

Cancelled
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Does anyone know if we have a thread for giving away unused tickets/a charitable arm where people can anonymously get access to unused seats? I'm a full member living in Sydney and buy my Port Adelaide supporting brother a membership too so my tickets never get used.

The truth is Essendon fans generally find North Melbourne irrelevant as a club.

Personally, I'm looking forward to browsing through this site and all the vitriol, after you grind out another honourable loss to a rebuilding club.

You unfortunately won't win another game after the Hawks. It will be a great pleasure watching the spirit of your players succumb to the reality that they are actually playing above their station, as they sink further into the mire that is the bottom in the second half of the year.

All the best.

We lose by any margin and in the grand scheme of things, it's not going to mean that much.

Your mob on the other hand have recruited for the now and being pumped up all pre-season (again) are in danger of being only one game ahead of us....a team that will unlikely win another game this season.

Watch a club full of hubris become undone by their 'favorite son' is glorious. I mean your greatest coach was unceremoniously let go and cares as much about your club as he does the franchise he coached for a handful of games.

Your club since the turn of the century is nothing but a husk of a football club.

Forget rivalries. You now exist for nothing more but than our amusement.

For that we thank you.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The truth is Essendon fans generally find North Melbourne irrelevant as a club.

Personally, I'm looking forward to browsing through this site and all the vitriol, after you grind out another honourable loss to a rebuilding club.

You unfortunately won't win another game after the Hawks. It will be a great pleasure watching the spirit of your players succumb to the reality that they are actually playing above their station, as they sink further into the mire that is the bottom in the second half of the year.

All the best.

Attachments

• 95A88D3A-85D3-47E6-A249-62CD2189C049.png
    95A88D3A-85D3-47E6-A249-62CD2189C049.png
    93 KB · Views: 118
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
All we needed was consistent umpiring and he wouldn't have even had an impact.

But you're correct. We have to limit his opportunities.

Needs to be:

1) Quick
2) Can hold a tackle

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
So ******* stupid that even with the best "sports scientists" they got caught. And even their coaches were juicing.

There's no issue with what coaches or any other member of the public does when it comes to this stuff, and I don't reckon they ever "got caught" either, because all the evidence went through the shredder. Their problem was that the P.R. handling of the matter was a complete debacle, and they put themselves so squarely in the spotlight that if someone didn't pull the trigger, the AFL/ASADA/WADA would have taken a credibility hit from which they could not recover.

It all comes back to one man who put himself ahead of his club, James Hird.

If he had fallen on his sword, as advised by Demetriou, he could have slipped off in to obscurity tending to his garden somewhere quiet, and a lot of the circus that followed could have been avoided.

When the time came to "man up", James was lacking in character & courage.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There's no issue with what coaches or any other member of the public does when it comes to this stuff, and I don't reckon they ever "got caught" either, because all the evidence went through the shredder. Their problem was that the P.R. handling of the matter was a complete debacle, and they put themselves so squarely in the spotlight that if someone didn't pull the trigger, the AFL/ASADA/WADA would have taken a credibility hit from which they could not recover.

It all comes back to one man who put himself ahead of his club, James Hird.

If he had fallen on his sword, as advised by Demetriou, he could have slipped off in to obscurity tending to his garden somewhere quiet, and a lot of the circus that followed could have been avoided.

When the time came to "man up", James was lacking in character & courage.
I agree with most of that, even the bit about coaches - they can do whatever they like in their own time, but helping themselves to the Oompa Loompa juice from a fridge in the club's tea room crosses the line IMHO.

A coach with even an ounce of credibility would have kicked up the biggest stink in the history of the game if they knew that kind of s**t was going on.

Unless they were in on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back