2021 AFL Membership Tracker / Figures

Remove this Banner Ad

40k members for North.

Not bad after a second last finish the year before, lost coach, 0-6 start to season.

I’m genuinely impressed with them! Imagine if they have those ‘1990s Friday Night Lights’ stage again. They’d have over 55,000 members I reckon..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m genuinely impressed with them! Imagine if they have those ‘1990s Friday Night Lights’ stage again. They’d have over 55,000 members I reckon..

It’s like any club that’s basically been hopeless on field for years, their memberships would all surge. Just likeRichmond went from 70,000 to 100,000 after winning a premiership. Hawthorn went over 80,000 after its success. A club like St Kilda would go to wards 70,000. A club like Essendon would go well beyond 100,000. Ditto Carlton and Collingwood.

Victorian club membership figures always seem dodgy as fu**. Very little correlation to crowd numbers.

Unfortunately, the two venues available to Melbourne based clubs limit game day access numbers for club members, including MCC, AFL, Medallion Club etc.

At the MCG for example, approximately 50% of capacity, is unavailable to the majority of club members on game day.

Most of these are irrelevant numbers anyway, without a proper breakdown of 3 game, Home, and Home and Away membership it doesn’t really mean much.

Disagree. Yes, it's important to look at things like total membership revenue and average spend of a member, but membership is monetary engagement. Much like website traffic, every piece of engagement, however it happens, for how long it happens helps. To have 40 thousand people willing to engage with their cash is better than having 30 thousand as you have a bigger pool to switch to more expensive products, and a more engaged fanbase. It's not the only measure but I doubt any company would ignore the total amount of people buying a key product like a membership.

Also, much of how much a club earns from membership sales and what kinds of memberships they sell is dependent on the nature of the stadiums they use. A lot of MCG tenants play matches where you can buy tickets on the day, which depresses membership sales and the cost of membership sales. Supply and demand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Impressive numbers by the Saints.

Imagine how big the numbers could be if both clubs got their acts together on the field. Would be akin to what we're seeing with Richmond at the moment.

Probably even more than Richmond. Add the Blue Baggers in the conversation too. The big 3 could be anything!

Probably even more than Richmond. Add the Blue Baggers in the conversation too. The big 3 could be anything!

I do wonder if being based at Marvel depresses both of your membership ceilings though.

I do wonder if being based at Marvel depresses both of your membership ceilings though.
I think it does to some extent. I’ve been quite surprised that Essendon is alongside Collingwood given the offseason the Bombers had. Essendon’s figure is actually currently +10% Vs LY and given their very lowly expectations and summer of discontent would be reasonably satisfied they’ve maintained a very solid foundation to build from with any material success.

Carlton as well. However they’re reporting 81,000, but who knows what their Audited figure truly is. We won’t likely know until August.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back