Preview Sydney Swans vs Fremantle Dockers, Saturday May 22 @ Optus Stadium - Rd 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a sturdy horse.

Isn't Buddy like 110kg?

Yeah very strong horse and it’s a heck of a trip

Kudos to buddy, wish he worked on his contested marking a little more, but he chose to master long haul horse travel , each to their own

Give Wicks or Hayward the job of messing with his mojo
I watched his highlights from his last games. He is very much a deep quarterback type. He likes to control the game from there similar to a sweeper. He is not a big runner nor tackler, nor closer checker, playing more of a bruise free game. He has a good shimmy and his ball usage is thoughtful and elite. This thoughtfulness also means he is slow to get the ball out of defense. The antidote, forward pressure and quality zoning. Given the swans have been good at that it should be possible to nullify his influence. If he starts to get on top, either a Hayward or Wicks should hold him pretty easily.

That's probably because Logue is a better 1v1 defender than Ryan.
Big call there.

Different styles, yes - but saying Logue (a fringe selection) is better one-on-one that Ryan (an All-Australian defender) is a bold statement.

Regardless, Cox is now Freo's number 1 key defender (even Fyfe has declared it to be the case) & if Cox goes to McL .... its a big compliment to McL.

Had a bit of a drift through the Collingwood autopsy thread and the Freo pre-game thread. Both sets of fans have little knowledge of, or give credit to, opposition (in this case our) players.
Pies fans bemoan Pendles poor efficiency but seemed not to notice the blanket job that Hewett did. They didn't notice that Rampe was pulled off de Goey after QT and credited him with DGs poor game thereafter.
Really blasted Grundy for being done over by a journeyman without realising how well Hickey has been playing.
Had no idea that Horse had changed things up quite significantly.
Had some pretty harsh things to say about Buckley too.
Very interesting reading.
Freo fans seem pretty dispirited. Much more than we were at this time last year. Not offering much credit around their players.
Made me feel pretty good about our forum which seems better at analysis and generally (if not totally) more positive and constructive.

Big call there.

Different styles, yes - but saying Logue (a fringe selection) is better one-on-one that Ryan (an All-Australian defender) is a bold statement.

Regardless, Cox is now Freo's number 1 key defender (even Fyfe has declared it to be the case) & if Cox goes to McL .... its a big compliment to McL.

Eh, I'll wear it. I think Ryan's very suspect in 1v1s. (Obviously a gun when playing loose.)

Had a bit of a drift through the Collingwood autopsy thread and the Freo pre-game thread. Both sets of fans have little knowledge of, or give credit to, opposition (in this case our) players.
Pies fans bemoan Pendles poor efficiency but seemed not to notice the blanket job that Hewett did. They didn't notice that Rampe was pulled off de Goey after QT and credited him with DGs poor game thereafter.
Really blasted Grundy for being done over by a journeyman without realising how well Hickey has been playing.
Freo fans seem pretty dispirited. Much more than we were at this time last year. Not offering much credit around their players.
Made me feel pretty good about our forum which seems better at analysis and generally (if not totally) more positive and constructive.

Did the same reading as you. The Pies stuff was almost self harming. Personally I thought Grundy was a significant contributor but the Hick just shaded him in a great battle. Their Board just bagged him remorselessly.

The Freo Board, if anything, is worse. It is consumed by debates by Ins and Outs without consideration of who they are playing. I think we do better.

Did the same reading as you. The Pies stuff was almost self harming. Personally I thought Grundy was a significant contributor but the Hick just shaded him in a great battle. Their Board just bagged him remorselessly.

The Freo Board, if anything, is worse. It is consumed by debates by Ins and Outs without consideration of who they are playing. I think we do better.
We really do.
There's some shite and a few downers or uppers on particular players but there's some decent thinking about how the oppo might approach the game, how we might approach the game, the kind of role that individuals might play and so on. For instance, someone might not notice what Cunningham has done, but others do.
Generally supportive of the coaches (this year anyway). Some nervousness that our young team can maintain form but not bagging them out.
All in all pretty good!

Convince me we can win!

well, we're a better team ... we're on the up, they're still mired in mediocrity ... i'm just as wary as everyone else but i'm certainly 'pencilling in a loss' on the wednesday before the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This new King poster shows a lot of promise. Could be a valuable contributor to the board for years to come. Early days though.

Eligible for the rising star award?

look a lot of them would be using the library wifi after submitting their job searches in town, you get a bit cranky ok

Something grumpy and whingy I presume ?

Phurt.Grumpy is my schtick. Whingey ii's his. Still, kudos his way. ,I celebrate the input of the Cheer Squad leader..

You just seem generally negative and miserable so I thought someone should check on your wellbeing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All is good..
I don't let footy make me miserable but I can see how a few posts on here can come across that way. I just question certain decisions now a little more than I used to on here. Something I used to be criticised for for many years as I was yoo positive. You know that DA. You've been around long enough to remember me being "over positive" looking through "rose coloured glasses".

All is good..
I don't let footy make me miserable but I can see how a few posts on here can come across that way. I just question certain decisions now a little more than I used to on here. Something I used to be criticised for for many years as I was yoo positive. You know that DA. You've been around long enough to remember me being "over positive" looking through "rose coloured glasses".
If the swans can get through the year with relatively few injuries, we can make a tilt at the finals. Melbourne is running hot because they have f all injuries. Everyone is say that they have an amazing system etc etc but rip Salem and Oliver out of that side and it will start losing games (plural). Port were great until Butters & Co got hurt. The only side that I think bats deep enough to keep winning despite injuries is the dogs. Premiership faves in my eyes.

Get back to full fitness Swannies and stay there!

If the swans can get through the year with relatively few injuries, we can make a tilt at the finals. Melbourne is running hot because they have f all injuries. Everyone is say that they have an amazing system etc etc but rip Salem and Oliver out of that side and it will start losing games (plural). Port were great until Butters & Co got hurt. The only side that I think bats deep enough to keep winning despite injuries is the dogs. Premiership faves in my eyes.

Get back to full fitness Swannies and stay there!
Easy to bat deep when you have 21 on the field at all times & a special dispensation to throw the ball.

Freo vs Sydney is at least interesting in that both clubs traditionally get reamed by the umps.

Easy to bat deep when you have 21 on the field at all times & a special dispensation to throw the ball.

Freo vs Sydney is at least interesting in that both clubs traditionally get reamed by the umps.
Never a truer word spoken. I watched the highlights of the dogs from last weekend and almost every goal starts with a throw from libber

Dammit. Well, no worries theyr not made of sugar a little rain won't hurt them but I was hoping we'd get them with our speed and quick ball movement which might be hampered now.

Highly likely we'll be going in with an unchanged lineup which would be the first time this year.:smilev1: Fox stays in, did more than enough to hold his place IMO

Distract them with the talls, score with the smalls. Heeney, Paps, Wicks and the mids to have a field day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back