Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

bombard

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Reckon we should be looking at Petrevsk-Seton. Looks like he’s stagnated at Carlton (as usually happens with 90% of players who are drafted there) and he could definitely flourish in a team like ours.

Value at an all time low atm, could pick him up for a second/third rounder.

He seems very much like a squib. He shirks a lot of contests from what I've seen.

mattyc75

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2010
over here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
,west perthgolden state warriors
Branders got 2 years on clarke and clarke is playing a bit part in a team thats loaded up on oldies to make a run at the flag this year. Not surprising that his numbers arent great
Brander has done well tho this year.if shuey and yeo were in he wouldnt have that amount of games or the stats

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Very pleased to put the Cripps chatter (all from the east really) to bed.

Anyone with more than a passing knowledge of our club already knew that was never going to happen for a variety of reasons.

The other Blue that will create some murmurs (SPS) is a bit of a squib as stated - he seems a bit more of a Nathan Wilson kinda recruit to me, would suit purple more.

Apr 29, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Reckon we should be looking at Petrevsk-Seton. Looks like he’s stagnated at Carlton (as usually happens with 90% of players who are drafted there) and he could definitely flourish in a team like ours.

Value at an all time low atm, could pick him up for a second/third rounder.

Definitely imo

Would be very cheap now. Blues seem obsessed with playing him half back. Bring him home and play him in correct position (mid/half fwd)

mattyc75

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2010
over here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
,west perthgolden state warriors
So if the Cripps news is correct (that we offered a bigger contract than Carlton), does that mean we have a heap of cap space to play with?

Or (more likely), Vic journos are trying make it sound like a better feel good story for the Blues?
Doubt we've got much cap space to play with

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
So if the Cripps news is correct (that we offered a bigger contract than Carlton), does that mean we have a heap of cap space to play with?

Or (more likely), Vic journos are trying make it sound like a better feel good story for the Blues?

If that is correct, then the previous report of us advising our players that we wouldn't chase a big fish if they took larger pay cuts this year concerns me.

Either report 1 was made up
or report 2 was made up
or we might be working to seriously piss off our playing group

probably one (or both) of the first 2 options would be likely.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
If that is correct, then the previous report of us advising our players that we wouldn't chase a big fish if they took larger pay cuts this year concerns me.

Either report 1 was made up
or report 2 was made up
or we might be working to seriously piss off our playing group

probably one (or both) of the first 2 options would be likely.

I think we know which one is correct. We never show our hand in the media when it comes to drafting or trading. Why would we get involved in it now, particularly with such a high profile player?

If anyone offered Cripps overs, it was Freo. But that doesn't sell papers or get clicks. Those plebs are into anyone with a semblance of connection to WA.

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
He seems very much like a squib. He shirks a lot of contests from what I've seen.
He was not a squib at Claremont in his junior football so I suspect the lack of clarity and cohesion at has made him look that way.

If we get him, it would further increase the need for Trew to develop (and play) and for us to draft a top liner inside midfielder.

bombard

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
He was not a squib at Claremont in his junior football so I suspect the lack of clarity and cohesion at has made him look that way.

If we get him, it would further increase the need for Trew to develop (and play) and for us to draft a top liner inside midfielder.

I think you know my policy on the mighty Claremont football club, so I'd be open for the right price. Just don't love the afl form so far.

BBQ Mania

Debutant
Nov 18, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Branders got 2 years on clarke and clarke is playing a bit part in a team thats loaded up on oldies to make a run at the flag this year. Not surprising that his numbers arent great
Brander has done well tho this year.if shuey and yeo were in he wouldnt have that amount of games or the stats

1 year, not 2. Look at draft year not age, birthdays in different time of the year throws that out for a few months.

lusheslewis

All Australian
Oct 8, 2010
BEast Fremantle
AFL Club
West Coast

King, 20, who kicked 1.5 in the Saints’ loss to Geelong last weekend, is reportedly on the verge of signing a four-year extension worth about $750,000 a season.

“The big winner out of this outside of Max, because he’s getting paid upfront on promise, is Oscar Allen,” Healy said on 3AW.

“Because he’s his peer and he’s actually doing what people hope Max will do. I don’t know what contract he’s going to sign, but based on performance he should be $1.2 million.

“He’s twice the player at the moment that Max King is. I think I’m being generous.

“If the All-Australian side was picked right now, Oscar Allen would be in that side. Any position you like. Probably on the bench, but he’s one of the best forwards in the game right now.

“He can go into the ruck as a second ruck and he can play defence, as we’ve seen. But he is a serious unit.

“Max hasn’t proven himself at all, really. Max is a very promising young player — still drops a lot of marks, still misses a lot of goals. I like him as a promising player, but he’s just a promising player.”

06Premiers

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Lakers

King, 20, who kicked 1.5 in the Saints’ loss to Geelong last weekend, is reportedly on the verge of signing a four-year extension worth about $750,000 a season.

“The big winner out of this outside of Max, because he’s getting paid upfront on promise, is Oscar Allen,” Healy said on 3AW.

“Because he’s his peer and he’s actually doing what people hope Max will do. I don’t know what contract he’s going to sign, but based on performance he should be $1.2 million.

“He’s twice the player at the moment that Max King is. I think I’m being generous.

“If the All-Australian side was picked right now, Oscar Allen would be in that side. Any position you like. Probably on the bench, but he’s one of the best forwards in the game right now.

“He can go into the ruck as a second ruck and he can play defence, as we’ve seen. But he is a serious unit.

“Max hasn’t proven himself at all, really. Max is a very promising young player — still drops a lot of marks, still misses a lot of goals. I like him as a promising player, but he’s just a promising player.”

Gee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back