Player Watch #40: Callum Coleman-Jones

freezer

Team Captain
Oct 25, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Maybe with a decent chunk of our midfield back next week and two very winnable games after Bris, we’ll rest Jack and give CCJ a couple of games.

Definitely put us in much better shape if we lose Jack or Lunch later in year if the next best option has a couple of senior games under his belt. He might also tear it up and hold his place, forcing Dimma into playing 4 talls.

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
I was looking at his goals in the vision on the RFC website.

Looked like they where not playing much but still what I liked from CCJ was his physical development and movement for a big guy. He really looked mobile and strong which is handy for a ruck with a few strings to the bow. Kicked straight to

Sun's circling CCJ as Tiger71 mentioned Monday night and again a couple of weeks earlier.

Question is, if he went to the suns, what would we want in return?

1621467113103.png

daird

All Australian
Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Sun's circling CCJ as Tiger71 mentioned Monday night and again a couple of weeks earlier.

View attachment 1132223
If he plays at AFL level this year and does well, I think we could pry their second round (currently Pick 24). If we continue to play him in the VFL we'd probably have to send some picks with him to get 24, or settle for a later pick sadly.

Edit: Could also be after a player of theirs, who knows?

If he plays at AFL level this year and does well, I think we could pry their second round (currently Pick 24). If we continue to play him in the VFL we'd probably have to send some picks with him to get 24, or settle for a later pick sadly.

Edit: Could also be after a player of theirs, who knows?

Yeah I think you're right, giving him minutes will only raise his value I hope.

Rowell, no less

We have the medical team to get him right! would be amazing ha ha

We’d get Peanuts, because that’s all we get when we trade a player.

Maybe this is the point in time where we get owed a favour for letting Ellis x 2, Miles, Markov, Townsend all get to them easy enough once they started targeting them.

Oct 8, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania

View attachment 1132223
Cal Twomey clearly listens to the tigercast!

I'd say Gold Coast's end of first round priority pick would be a pretty fair deal.

Could flip that and one one of our other firsts to GWS for Green.

Tony Stark

Club Legend
Oct 12, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
We’d get Peanuts, because that’s all we get when we trade a player.
Makes you wonder what's the point of developing these key position/rucks in the first place now we have free agency. If he were to accept a rival offer we get peanuts and it's essentially 4 years of development down the gurgler.

Jun 26, 2007
Newcastle
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Avalanche, Nuggets
Makes you wonder what's the point of developing these key position/rucks in the first place now we have free agency. If he were to accept a rival offer we get peanuts and it's essentially 4 years of development down the gurgler.
Agreed but you build a good culture and environment and players will struggle to leave like we saw with Dusty back in '17.

Those that do leave generally won't be a loss, like Higgins

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond

I think we can find a place for him

He is only 21, he can go with Nank and rest forward.

Plenty of water to go under the bridge yet.

trading a 21 ruck/forward for peanuts now would be stupid.

I have been thinking about how on earth one could fit him in and not be too top heavy, I think I understand some others concerns. It is possible, Lynch can go up the ground at times, he has the tank. CCJ would have to have a run at it and not turn up consistently before thinking of trading him

Last edited:
Back