Scandal Joffa Corfe facing child sex charges (board rules apply)

mr bagcroft

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Such a quite fellow, good neighbour, kept to himself, never heard anything... except for all the screaming... well obviously all the screaming but apart from that.
Yeah whats up with that? For such a passionate looney squad member, he just seemed to...disappear from the football.

Split pea

Cancelled
May 11, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
The media drove that
Collingwood went along with it and gave him an award at the AGM last year. He was the head of their cheer squad or near enough for ages. Joffa doesn't get interviewed by the trash media kraken for all that time if Collingwood went "Oh he's a just a guy, he doesn't represent us". They encouraged it.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2007
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Anaheim Ducks, PSV Eindhoven
So its Collingwoods fault is it ?
they should be charged too?
fu** me drunk.
Of course it's not Collingwood's fault, but as a person that has a high profile association with the club they're going to be associated with it and unfortunately they're going to have to do their own investigation of his time in the cheer squad.

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
IMG-20210520-WA0009.jpg

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Agree. Club has fu** all to do with his own actions. Jesus Christ, cant believe some people actually might think the club is in some way responsible.
Disagree.
Club gave him status and the power of recognition and celebrity.
This enabled him.

Eddie personally nicked the gold jacket from ch 9 and gave it him.

This kind of endorsement makes it much easier for people to offend

Last edited:

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not their fault no. Of course not.

But terrible judgment. Terrible judgment.

why is it terrible judgement? He spent decades volunteering his time for the club and decades helping out local charities. Was the club meant he know he was accused of a crime that happens 10 years ago and become public today??? Hello?

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
why is it terrible judgement? He spent decades volunteering his time for the club and decades helping out local charities. Was the club meant he know he was accused of a crime that happens 10 years ago and become public today??? Hello?
Hate to say it but it's not unknown for child sex offenders to be involved with charities and the like for these reasons:

1. They use social standing to assist access to kids and gain trust.
2. It can provide direct access to vulnerable kids.

Is this really an issue you want to plant your flag on? Defending pedos?

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hate to say it but it's not unknown for child sex offenders to be involved with charities and the like for these reasons:

1. They use social standing to assist access to kids and gain trust.
2. It can provide direct access to vulnerable kids.

Is this really an issue you want to plant your flag on? Defending pedos?

wtf are you on about? Do you even have basic reading comprehension? I asked how was it bad judgement on collingwoods part when no one knew about any allegations then you say im defending pedos? Are you ******* drunk?

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
wtf are you on about? Do you even have basic reading comprehension? I asked how was it bad judgement on collingwoods part when no one knew about any allegations then you say im defending pedos? Are you ******* drunk?
I'll also bet this won't be the last allegation against Joffa....

Get ready for some dominos...

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
2005. Doesn't get the very poor "It was a different time" excuse.

This why he went to Queensland? Hoped Victorian police would lose interest if he moved two states away?
Moved to Fiji for a while as well

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
F***en hell I was always taught that nobody’s perfect - not only are there several perfect people but they are all members of BigFooty.

how in f*** does this have anything to do with Collingwood?

this is like listening to some panel of f***wits trying to pin a high school massacre on a band that the killer liked.

what the f*** do Collingwood have to do with it?

should Joffa’s favourite cafe have known he was commuting sex crimes as well and issued a public apology for giving him a coffee card?

I don’t know a lot of clubs that hire private detectives to monitor the movements of all their fans. What should they have done, just assumed he was a sex offender before putting him in the cheer squad?

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
F***en hell I was always taught that nobody’s perfect - not only are there several perfect people but they are all members of BigFooty.

how in f*** does this have anything to do with Collingwood?

this is like listening to some panel of f***wits trying to pin a high school massacre on a band that the killer liked.

what the f*** do Collingwood have to do with it?

should Joffa’s favourite cafe have known he was commuting sex crimes as well and issued a public apology for giving him a coffee card?

I don’t know a lot of clubs that hire private detectives to monitor the movements of all their fans. What should they have done, just assumed he was a sex offender before putting him in the cheer squad?
This is what's wrong with pedo culture in this country.

I also assume the BBC weren't at fault re Saville
That the Catholic church can't be blamed for errant priests.

The issue is a head in sand approach, naivety and flat out denial.

Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC
******* LOL - News Corpse uses a picture of Joffa in a Carlton jersey.

View attachment 1132469
Let's just consider how hard they would have had to search just to find that picture...

I googled "joffa carlton top" it came up with 50-60 results and managed to find this pic, but it was only there due to being linked to the article.
Just do a google image search on "joffa" by itself and I couldn't even find it. I stopped when I scrolled to the bottom and it said 'show more results'.
Somebody has gone well out of their way to find that pic to use.

Not at all mate.

I suggest U go and read the exec summary of the RC and get back to me.
I'd suggest the diffference is that there's always been plenty of whispers around offending by Catholic priests. Until this broke there was no suspicion around Joffa aside from being an oddball Collingwood fan.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I'd suggest the diffference is that there's always been plenty of whispers around offending by Catholic priests. Until this broke there was no suspicion around Joffa aside from being an oddball Collingwood fan.

Thank you.
Is his local RSL Club at fault too?
Literally the only way this can be pinned in any way on Collingwood is if someone made a complaint to the club and they hushed it or swept it. That’s it.

if not, they are no more guilty of anything that the Woolworths he buys his groceries from

Back