Preview Round 10 v Richmond, 7.50pm Friday 21st of May @ The Gabba.

Who wins and by how much?

• Lions by 1 to12.

• Lions by 13 to 29.

• Lions by 30+

• Tigers by 1 to 12.

• Tigers by 13 to 29.

• Tigers by 30+

• Draw.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoping Zorko continues to focus on the game and not the umpires. All of them actually, play the ball and don't get sucked into any of the Tigers shenanigans

I admit I am slightly scared with how much hyping we are getting before a Friday night primetime game
The Media is setting us up, hoping that we fail so we can be the team that they flog all week because we couldn’t beat a injury decimated Richmond side.

I hope we flog them.

its Ballenden and madden for me. the kid deserves a game in a role he can fill , not back up ruck work so this is his chance. and madden for pure mad irish pressure and speed

its Ballenden and madden for me. the kid deserves a game in a role he can fill , not back up ruck work so this is his chance. and madden for pure mad irish pressure and speed

I would certainly not complain. Ballenden has been the best of the VFL players for us so far imo and deserves a chance. It would be good to give him a third tall role with licence to chase intercept marks. That is where he has been at his best so far. Not sure he would be up to a tight role on Lynch or Reiwoldt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ballenden will probably have to play the following week against Melbourne so I wouldn't mind giving him a go this week on Lynch or Riewoldt. He'll need help though. Still very poor one-on-one.

Ballenden will probably have to play the following week against Melbourne so I wouldn't mind giving him a go this week on Lynch or Riewoldt. He'll need help though. Still very poor one-on-one.
In his interview today Fages did say that the replacements for Lester and Gardiner will “Not both be tall” which I thought was an interesting comment and my mind went to Ballenden straight away.
We do need cover for when Nank rolls forward so he could be an option.

In his interview today Fages did say that the replacements for Lester and Gardiner will “Not both be tall” which I thought was an interesting comment and my mind went to Ballenden straight away.
We do need cover for when Nank rolls forward so he could be an option.
Fages also said that Carter Michael has been training with the 1st team (22-26 players) as well this week so maybe a surprise selection could be happening at the selection table tonight however it is not confirmed by any means he is debuting tomorrow night.

On this score, don't know whether anyone caught the segment on AFL360 last night highlighting some of the cowardly and well-behind the play tactics employed by Lynch et at in the Tigers last game.

Underpinning my view on this is my strong desire in seeing Lynch's head substantially alterered, but also the observations by the panellists last night as to whether these same tactics might result in some retaliatory action being taken by Harris Andrews etc.

I live in hope. Worth the price of admission alone.
Riewoldt with his no realistic attempt, studs up and pushing out with his feet in a marking contest bullshit has got no exposure.
Did this at least twice last week with no penalty.
Hopefully our coach has asked the umpiring fraternity for a clarification on this also.

Madden played a fair bit up the ground in the reserves last week. I wonder if they might give him a go on Dusty. Martin is not running away from him and he is fairly strong. No real inside experience though.

Prior might be a good option if he had a year or two more experience.
Time machines
Where are they when you need them

Just watched the 360 clip on Lynch and Nankervis off the ball hits. It's always teams in their way down that get nasty. 😁 Cause there's only one direction when you are reigning premiers.

Gotta figure the umpires will be a bit more aware.

I'm now more worried about how many of our players are going to get suspended than whether we win the game.

Did you see what Mark Robbo said about that? Said they'll need to do something about it or there will be retribution from players, then said can you imagine if Mitch Robinson sees that happen from 60mtrs away, he will come charging down for sure!

Just the thought of Mitch getting instintively involved warmed my heart and made me smile!😍

If we lose I will be disappointed. Richmond only got over GWS at home (haha) by a goal, and GWS was playing a team almost as young as GC last week.

If we lose I will be disappointed. Richmond only got over GWS at home (haha) by a goal, and GWS was playing a team almost as young as GC last week.

Yeah, I get having a healthy respect/fear for Richmond and I know their system means that losing clearances isn't so big a deal, but their midfield is young and very inexperienced. We should be beating them comfortably there and hopefully forcing Dusty to play in the middle more and less up forward.

This has danger match written all over it. We usually go in underdogs against big teams in primetime, and when we dont, we usually get shown up. The Geelong game in the final last year is one such example. Richmond also don't lose 2 games in a row and they play the gabba well. How they're $3 is beyond me. This is a genuine 50/50 game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back