Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 10 - Blues v Hawks Sat May 22nd 1:45pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Carlton-vs-Hawthorn.png

13TH V 17TH

AFL 2021 PREMIERSHIP SEASON
CARLTON V HAWTHORN
SATURDAY MAY 22ND 1:45PM EST (MCG)

C4C09479-AA41-4EFA-A0A9-D0A4F59D5D60.png
TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM
$1000 IN CASH PRIZES

Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won.

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

TEAMS

BLUES

B: Saad, Jones, Plowman
HB: Williams, Weitering, Docherty
C: Cottrell, Cripps, Setterfield
HF: Murphy, De Koning, Setterfield
F: Gibbons, McKay, Owies
FOLL: Pittonet, Walsh, Curnow

I/C: Betts, Stocker, Newman, Silvagni
EMG: Kennedy, Newnes, Honey, Casboult

IN: De Koning, Silvagni
OUT: Cuningham (injured), Casboult (managed), Parks (omitted)

HAWKS
B: Hardwick, Hartigan, Frost
HB: Greaves, Jiath, Impey
C: Shiels, Cousins, Phillips
HF: Worpel, Breust, Wingard
F: Moore, Lewis, Koschitzke
FOLL: McEvoy, Mitchell, O’Meara

I/C: Scrimshaw, Morrison, Hanrahan, Reeves
EMG: Howe, Morris, O’Brien, Hartley

IN: Greaves, Reeves
OUT: Hartley, O’Brien, Howe (all omitted)

Last edited:

NetworkNerd

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
AFL Member so all clubs I guess.
This should be a game where Carlton get out of the gates fast and keep the foot on the throat of the Hawks. They scored the first 5 goals of the game last year then somehow let the Hawks come back.

On paper Carlton by 98 points.

But behind the Hawks closed doors this game along with maybe the Essendon/Collingwood games are the only ones where they might get a semblance of pride and try their hearts out. If that happens it could be a close game.

Apr 6, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Subiaco, Everton, SF 49ers
While the consensus is that the Blues have been disappointing this season, it needs to be remembered they have had a tough draw( 6 of their 9 games have been against the current top 9 sides) as well as a long injury list. Given they haven't been far away in most games against top opposition surely they beat the very underwhelming Hawks.

Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC
While the consensus is that the Blues have been disappointing this season, it needs to be remembered they have had a tough draw( 6 of their 9 games have been against the current top 9 sides) as well as a long injury list. Given they haven't been far away in most games against top opposition surely they beat the very underwhelming Hawks.
That's the problem. Yes, surely we do, and you'd expect by a bit, but we always seem to find a way to lose the unlosable games.
Probably doesn't help that Hawks will be smarting after losing to North and JOM's comments might fire them up.
This is unfortunately a danger game. At the very least, it might be a win, but a lot closer than most are expecting. We've lost a few games at the selection table in my eyes, so will be watching the team selection closely. Hopefully (assuming) McKay is fit enough to play and extend his Coleman lead.
OUT:
Levi (omitted), Gibbons (omitted), Cuningham (injured - poor bloke was starting to look great)
In:
TDK (this is a must!), SOS, Martin (if passes test). If Martin or SOS don't get up, then one or two out of Dow, Kennedy, Setterfield or Williamson (VFL side had a bye this past weekend).

Rusty Brookes

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 9, 2001
Preston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn, Manningham Cobras
To be honest, I'm not fussed with the result. I'm more fussed about who gets selected - selecting Tim O'Brien for the umpteenth time was hardly looking to the future.

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hawthorn won 22 out of the last 25 games, including 17 out of the last 18 games.
Carlton only beat them once since 2005. Has to be the worst record in the league.

Back