Insightful Media Coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see Rotham in the top 10 for both kicking and and disposable efficiency.

He’s been excellent this year.

And when you consider a 40m kick to a contest is automatically considered to be an effective kick even if it doesn’t result in a retained possession- a lot of those guys that take the kick outs (ziebell, particularly) have the % inflated.

DE is a funny one, though. You can kick It 30m beautifully to someone but if they drop it inadvertently and don’t retain the ball it goes down against the kickers stats.

He’s been excellent this year.

And when you consider a 40m kick to a contest is automatically considered to be an effective kick even if it doesn’t result in a retained possession- a lot of those guys that take the kick outs (ziebell, particularly) have the % inflated.

DE is a funny one, though. You can kick It 30m beautifully to someone but if they drop it inadvertently and don’t retain the ball it goes down against the kickers stats.
It said Mayne leads the league for overall DE% which shows how context is really needed.

Yep

Mayne rarely kicks the pill more than 20 meters.
Just gives off little easy chip kicks.
Which is often why defenders rank very highly on de stats, they often have uncontested stats and kick to players in space where the margin for error is so much greater. Having said that, you still need to hit your targets, missing a target in the back half is a guaranteed way to concede a score against. You could have 99 effective kicks and 1 turnover and everyone will remember the turnover because it cost the team a goal.

I’d love to see our stats for inside 50 retention. I think it’s an area that our skill set really shows off why we are so efficient in converting inside 50’s.

I think Id like that over anyone else tearing up a GF. Maybe Nic a close 2nd.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Darling's second quarter vs Adelaide but across the entire Grand Final, Nic Nat giving zero *s about body weight differentials and just murdering blokes, and Willie playing with Gaff and Shep.

I don't ask for much really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back