Player Watch 2021 AFL National Draft - NOT FOR TRADE DISCUSSION

What should we do withs Pick 5, 21 and 24?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s stick with a basic rule for this thread, that it’s for draft watch and discussion only.

It’s not for trade hypotheticals, who you think needs to be delisted or traded, how many games you think we will win, some other team will win, how many picks you want in the 1st round or discussion of current HFC players.

It’s about youngsters who are eligible for the draft in 2021.

Key dates to look out for:
  • NAB AFL Draft Combine: TBC
  • NAB AFL Draft: Wednesday November 24 - Thursday November 25
  • NAB AFL Pre-season and Rookie Drafts: Friday November 26

Last edited:
what happened there syl, how did we lose him from our academy?
There are two levels for NGA. Level 1 and Level 2. To progress to Level 2 you need to meet certain criteria. He did not reach that criteria as Samoa is not listed as a Culturally and Linguistically Diverse country. That was my understanding anyway.

There are two levels for NGA. Level 1 and Level 2. To progress to Level 2 you need to meet certain criteria. He did not reach that criteria as Samoa is not listed as a Culturally and Linguistically Diverse country. That was my understanding anyway.

Well there you go, never knew Isaac Heeny, Calum mills and the three new guys the swans got this year from their academy were from a “ Culturally and Linguistically Diverse country.”

Well there you go, never knew Isaac Heeny, Calum mills and the three new guys the swans got this year from their academy were from a “ Culturally and Linguistically Diverse country.”
There is a distinction between the NGA and North Eastern State academy's.

NGA only exist due to the other clubs crying about the academies in QLD and NSW.

Bullshit. If Samoa is not a Culturally and Linguistically Diverse country then neither is Fiji. Which is where Atu Bosenavulagi was born and was drafted under the Pies NGA programme.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chesser did some training with us and discovered he had a torn meniscus

"

Potential top-10 draft prospect Campbell Chesser is closing in on a return to the field for NAB League side Sandringham Dragons after a lengthy stint on the sidelines with a knee injury.
Playing on a wing, Chesser shone brightly with 23 disposals and seven score involvements in Round 2 in early April, but copped what he thought was a corky during the second quarter against Northern Knights the next week.

The NAB AFL Academy member played out the Round 3 game with the injury but went on to train with Hawthorn as part of the Academy program, where it was discovered he had a torn meniscus.

“They pretty much stopped me straight away and discovered the injury and I was just in the gym,” Chesser said.

“But there were a few boys there like Will Day, who had hurt his foot, so I was able to do a fair bit of work with him and I stayed with Finn Maginness for the week who was really good.”

Chesser had minor surgery on his left knee but is expected to resume running next week and is a chance to be cleared to play in as little as a month.

"

Wouldn't mind him having "another minor injury" to keep him out of play- missing 5-10 weeks should help him slip to pick 21 right....right?

If we got Horne (and he’s as good as advertised) what would that mean for our other mids (ie who gets pushed out assuming no trades)?

If we got Horne (and he’s as good as advertised) what would that mean for our other mids (ie who gets pushed out assuming no trades)?
If we get the first pick in the draft I'd put good money on one of our starting mids getting pushed out/retired.

Far too early to tell who gets pushed out.

None of them are retirement age & I'd not be de-listing one of the few mids we have just because we've drafted an 18yr old from interstate, no matter how good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back