Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Watching the replay I noticed as we all know he attacks the footy and creates opportunities.

Anyone judging him from the stats sheet should give up watching footy.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
The more Garner plays and leads by example with the way he attacks the ball/man, the more certain others will take note and will lose their timidity. Important player.

Garner plays, mindset changes, North wins.

Coincidence?

I just want him to run out the year and get another contract, because there's still 100 good games in him.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Creates a completely different forward set up as can play a marking or leading forward.
I absolutely love when he attacks the footy as with Zurhaar and garner it’s look who’s coming for the opposition

Zurhaar grows another leg when TG is around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
TG always plays better senior football.

The first month in the VFL would of been enough motivation you'd think to elevate your game, but not even Garns could find any consistency among the 2 dozen plodders we are fielding each week.

You weren't questioning the fact that he couldn't single-handedly turn around 100 point deficits? :D

Dumont plays, mindset changes, North wins...

Not disagreeing with you - but also a tad simplistic.

The difference being that our mids and backs have been 'ok' in large chunks.

Our forwards have been disorganised, often timid on the lead and limited to zero pressure. I thought Garn's gave us a bit more structure (as big Tom has since joining) , better forward pressure and for a changed we crumbed a couple.

Could be a coincidence but it is what he can add if he keeps fit.

I'm with everyone on here just preying he stays fit for the remainder of the year and can get an extension.

I think it would speed up our entire rebuild having an experienced player in his age bracket in the forward line.

DunderHead

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Our forwards have been disorganised, often timid on the lead and limited to zero pressure. I thought Garn's gave us a bit more structure (as big Tom has since joining) , better forward pressure and for a changed we crumbed a couple.

I'm with everyone on here just preying he stays fit for the remainder of the year and can get an extension.

I think it would speed up our entire rebuild having an experienced player in his age bracket in the forward line.

*ing ayyy-men

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Agree. Backs have been as good as anyone, but the transition aspect of "the process (tm)" is always easier for them to implement, and the mids have been flakey, but that's still expected considering the age demographics.

The forward line has been an unbalanced mish mash, with the exception of last week around half time, and for chunks of matches where Campbell has played the hit up role.

We NEED a CHF in the setup!!!!!

disco_cowboy

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Agree. Backs have been as good as anyone, but the transition aspect of "the process (tm)" is always easier for them to implement, and the mids have been flakey, but that's still expected considering the age demographics.

The forward line has been an unbalanced mish mash, with the exception of last week around half time, and for chunks of matches where Campbell has played the hit up role.

we do, but we dont have one :(

Can you explain how you feel the forward line is operating in lieu of a recognisable CHF plan?

I see 2 deep forwards , often getting in each others way. the rest playing random lead-up roles and trying to tackle with limited success.

I'm not great at recognising forward strategy and patterns.

I just drink and get upset.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Can you explain how you feel the forward line is operating in lieu of a recognisable CHF plan?

I see 2 deep forwards , often getting in each others way. the rest playing random lead-up roles and trying to tackle with limited success.

I'm not great at recognising forward strategy and patterns.

I just drink and get upset.

They are rolling up & down the ground with flankers & pockets and looking to hit up players with shorter kicks/handpasses in holes that are created.

Of course, the opposition then just put a spare man back, two out Larkey, then zone off him. Nick is not a good enough KPF to handle two defenders.

Tomorrow is a massive game for Garner. Marvel’s rock hard surface will really test out his hammies. Hopefully, he uses plenty of Wintergreen as well to get some heat into his muscles. Fingers crossed. If he gets through, we will win, I think/hope.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back