Review Round 6, 2021: Box Hill v Carlton, Sunday 23rd May @ 12:05pm, IKON Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Is he just having a good day? I thought disposal was the biggest knock on him, but not today.
Couple weeks back I noticed his ability to hit targets when under pressure - had some fool called littlegg have a crack - I know whose going to be laughing at the end - we have one here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect we're seeing "The Dan Howe Paradox" in full effect here. So much more time and space available here than in the seniors.

Even TOB. Clean gather. Pivot. Turn. Space. Precise bullet pass hits its target.

None of this, back, back, back, box kick over the shoulder down the line we see in the AFL. It's not fair to blame the gameplan. That is all pressure differential.

Saunders best on at the minute.
Real whole team effort going on at the minute absolutely doing the colours proud.
Loved seeing Greene at the end Having a stare at Morris for the extra run before kicking after the siren- shows that they want more.
Saunders, Pepper, Morris, Brocky all putting their hands up to take a role in the f50 next week in the seniors and all are deserving at this point in time.
Downie still doing some really nice things, but definitely dropped off that quarter- his hands in tight are exceptional and he's had a few releasing moments that've given us a f50 entry.
I wanna highlight Jeka when he gets the ball outside 50:
He was looking forward and demanding that people run into space instead of reacting to him kicking it in. This is massive- as arguably our most natural KPF on the list he knows that we need that movement to pull holes in the defense and cause running lanes to open. He seems to be incredibly smart on top of all else.

The first few times I watched Saunders he had. “Project” player written all over him but he has come on in leaps and bounds. He still has a way to go and will make mistakes but he is an energiser bunny.
Takes the game on and I love his work rate.

I suspect we're seeing "The Dan Howe Paradox" in full effect here. So much more time and space available here than in the seniors.

Even TOB. Clean gather. Pivot. Turn. Space. Precise bullet pass hits its target.

None of this, back, back, back, box kick over the shoulder down the line we see in the AFL. It's not fair to blame the gameplan. That is all pressure differential.

I mean not 100% accurate. I've seen TOB drop about 3 uncontested marks already today. So some bits are holding true regardless of level.

Nah, the blues are there, but hawks are on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back