Review Round 6, 2021: Box Hill v Carlton, Sunday 23rd May @ 12:05pm, IKON Park

It's why Essendon got rid of him. He's a depth player on a list. Awesome guy to have around a club from Essendon people's reports.
Essendon didn’t get rid of him. He took a longer contract with us.

rei154

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just turned on to watch game.
How's Downie been today?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I actually think he's been incredibly solid. His kicking has been above standard, his hands in close have been elite and his decision making has been remarkable I reckon. If he can have a couple weeks averaging 20 odd disposals and with the same effectiveness he's shown today he's going to get a good run in the seniors.

rei154

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
How good is it to see Jeka. Brockman, Downie, Saunders, etc at Box Hill. Reckon the brain's trust at Hawthorn know what they're on about. The future looks bright.
Very much feels like it'll be a short term pain long term gain kind of situation. I think if we can nail this off season through the draft so that we've got a healthy supply of players coming through BHH we're going to be in a great position.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Just turned on to watch game.
How's Downie been today?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I reckon he's been very solid, just overshadowed by other players standing out more.

His follow up efforts after each disposal has been elite. Burning his opponents. Clean with his hands all game too.

Sep 28, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Let me reiterate box hill play the same game plan as the hawks. Its amazing when u execute and the opposition are poor defensively
Honestly I think this is the problem with the game plan. It’s going to potentially see 2 100 point wins in a row against woeful opposition in the VFL but the game plan breaks down even against the Roos at AFL level.

We’ve seen teams need to drop or simplify game plans before, e.g. Hardwick stumbling on a winning formula at tigers through luck as his previous game plan didn’t work.

Will say I do appreciate the continued updates about what goes on at training and how we want to play. It is hugely appreciated.

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
3QT

Box Hill 16.13.109
Carlton 5.6.36

Goals
Adduci 3
Jeka 2
Saunders 2
Greene 2
Pepper 1
Morris 1
Brockman 1
Brooksby 1
Nash 1
Mascitti 1
E.Phillips 1

Massive :yellowheart: at the goal kicking spread

burner1

Premiership Player
Nov 3, 2005
victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
hawks
Are we really good or are they just terrible. Appears a lot of blow outs in this new vfl as some big differences in experience in the squads.

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
One of my pet hates that.

Bloke gets caught HTB and wants to fight with the tackler. It's pure time wasting and should be an immediate 50m.

Instead we get a third player to come in and thump the bloke starting the fight and we get a reversal.

So annoying the lack of common sense in adjudication

Aug 31, 2006
A state of delusion
AFL Club
Hawthorn
One of my pet hates that.

Bloke gets caught HTB and wants to fight with the tackler. It's pure time wasting and should be an immediate 50m.

Instead we get a third player to come in and thump the bloke starting the fight and we get a reversal.

So annoying the lack of common sense in adjudication

Yep, but stupid by the Hawks player. The CarlTANK player, Crocker, flopped pretty easily.

Back