FB: Hurn, Barrass, Cole
HB: Sheppard, Edwards, Rotham
C: Brander, Sheed, Gaff
HF: Petrucelle, Darling, Cripps
FF: Ryan, Kennedy, Allen
Foll: Naitanui, Kelly, Redden

I/C: Jones, Witherden, Hutchings, O'Neill/ Ainsworth
Sub: Ah Chee

In: Hutchings, O'Neill/ Ainsworth, Witherden (if fit - otherwise keep Nelson in), JJones
Out: Waterman, Williams, Ah Chee, Nelson

Not sure if Hutchings is ready or not, but we are in desperate need of support in the midfield and his 28 touches yestday is a good sign considering the poor showing overall. It's time to get the balance right, I don't like Allen in the ruck but believe this is the best option at the moment.
Please God no to Hutchins.

Probably left field I know but our most consistent Beagles player has been Jamieson. Williams hasn't really shown us much and I would like to see the young fella given a go. He holds his own in ruck contests, fights hard for the ground ball. Good in the air and brings other players into the game. Uses the ball well and I have also noticed that he protects the ball carrier by shepherding which is unseen in the A team.
Would love to see Jamo in but don't think it will happen yet.

Fascinating game we could have here. The two sides are the most efficient going inside 50 this year but both have been really struggling to contain opposition forward lines. It'll probably come down to who has more chances, which I think you guys will. Expecting a scoreline that reads something like 130-110 either way (most likely yours).

Out: Edwards and Waterman

In: Jones and Yeo. If Yeo not ready maybe give Hutch a game.

Allen back. Williams/NN play the third tall fwd when not rucking rather than wasting a spot on a 2nd ruck playing just 50% gametime. Alternatively Allen plays backup ruck/3rd tall, Edwards stays, and we drop Williams (not my preference)

We just can't keep wasting a spot on a 2nd ruck who only plays 50% TOG, while NN only plays 65%. It's a major factor to why we run out of legs nearly every week

Out: Edwards and Waterman

In: Jones and Yeo. If Yeo not ready maybe give Hutch a game.

Allen back. Williams/NN play the third tall fwd when not rucking rather than wasting a spot on a 2nd ruck playing just 50% gametime. Alternatively Allen plays backup ruck/3rd tall, Edwards stays, and we drop Williams (not my preference)

We just can't keep wasting a spot on a 2nd ruck who only plays 50% TOG, while NN only plays 65%. It's a major factor to why we run out of legs nearly every week
GWS talls beat us. They defended well and were well ontop of our backs, often exploiting Harrys inexperience. Their resting ruckman marked deap forward and kicked two goals. Williams who often rested forward on rotation marked and kicked one.
Nic and Williams played well but at half time the ruck position was not dominant.
Outside of that I dont think we had a palyer who won their position. Height didnt impact.

GWS talls beat us. They defended well and were well ontop of our backs, often exploiting Harrys inexperience. Their resting ruckman marked deap forward and kicked two goals. Williams who often rested forward on rotation marked and kicked one.
Nic and Williams played well but at half time the ruck position was not dominant.
Outside of that I dont think we had a palyer who won their position. Height didnt impact.

You're not on the MC are you?

We were smashed when the ball hit the deck (and have been most the year). And we constantly run out of legs in the last

One game this year (against a decent opponent) we've been the ones dominating the ground ball. Guess which game and go back and look at how many talls we played in it

You're not on the MC are you?

We were smashed when the ball hit the deck (and have been most the year). And we constantly run out of legs in the last

One game this year (against a decent opponent) we've been the ones dominating the ground ball. Guess which game and go back and look at how many talls we played in it
If thats Port, we lost the second half (a strong contested midfield came back) and it was our talls that won it for us with Shuey.

Chassing all day is trying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If thats Port, we lost the second half (a strong contested midfield came back) and it was our talls that won it for us with Shuey.

Chassing all day is trying.

We smacked them in ground ball. From memory our best were all our mids (Shuey, Gaff, Kelly, Redden, Sheed). We did lose the 2nd half which is a fair point. I felt that was more cue in the rack than being run over but maybe not. Even more reason to play more runners.

Fact is playing two guys who play limited mins (NN and the 2nd ruck) means everyone else has to pick up the load. NN sits for 35% of the game, and the 2nd ruck (Williams/Vardy) have been off for 50% when in that role. That's 85% of a game off the ground just between our two rucks, it's basically an extra player.

The AFL introduced a sub because it's seen as so unfair to go down a player during a game, yet we voluntarily effectively play one guy down every week.

The 2nd ruck has to play fwd more and get their TOG up, but we can't do that currently because we already have 3 talls plus Waterman and Brander running around up fwd.

As much as we desperately, desperately could use Yeo, he needs another week in the WAFL

Bear in mind people, if he breaks down again its unlikely we will see him again this year

We badly need his physicality around the contest, but we do need to manage him carefully

Nah I would roll the dice...if he is fit play him.....even on limited minutes he would provide a lot more than what we have atm in the middle

I reckon the wet weather will actually suit us....Essendon have quick ball movement...which we struggle with

We smacked them in ground ball. From memory our best were all our mids (Shuey, Gaff, Kelly, Redden, Sheed). We did lose the 2nd half which is a fair point. I felt that was more cue in the rack than being run over but maybe not. Even more reason to play more runners.

Fact is playing two guys who play limited mins (NN and the 2nd ruck) means everyone else has to pick up the load. NN sits for 35% of the game, and the 2nd ruck (Williams/Vardy) have been off for 50% when in that role. That's 85% of a game off the ground just between our two rucks, it's basically an extra player.

The AFL introduced a sub because it's seen as so unfair to go down a player during a game, yet we voluntarily effectively play one guy down every week.

The 2nd ruck has to play fwd more and get their TOG up, but we can't do that currently because we already have 3 talls plus Waterman and Brander running around up fwd.
mmm we lost the second half. Nic was a key reason we won.

Luke Edwards is ahead in the pecking order then XON FYI.

I suspect with the idea its going to be a wet game, we actually look to reduce our height. Team should be

IN: Jones, Witherden
OUT: Waterman, H.Edwards

Oscar to defense, Ah Chee stays in since he is very good in the wet actually. Nelson into the midfield

Luke Edwards is ahead in the pecking order then XON FYI.

I suspect with the idea its going to be a wet game, we actually look to reduce our height. Team should be

IN: Jones, Witherden
OUT: Waterman, H.Edwards

Oscar to defense, Ah Chee stays in since he is very good in the wet actually. Nelson into the midfield

Was going to just post those same outs and agree with the height for this game.

Balance looks WAY better with that setup.

I just dont think Waterman and Liam Ryan can play in the same team atm, especially with JK and Allen in the same forward line. He needs to spend some time in the WAFL until spots open up and eventually long term open up with JKs retirement . We need to make sure he is happy to bide his time though and keep him long term

Yeah our lack of tackling ability has been sh*tting me off for years. Why do we continually ignore such a fundamental aspect of the game year in and year out?

Watching players standing spread-eagled 2 meters in front of an opponent with the ball gives me 2010 flashbacks. Corralling is such a nothing strategy! You may as well ignore the oppo player entirely and just run back into the D50 for all the good it does.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back