EPL Matchday 38

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Actually amazing that Chelsea sh*t the bed and got saved by Spurs. They were genuinely staring down the barrel of two cup finals and top four and coming up with absolutely nothing.

Now the CL final is a free hit. I dont like their chances of beating City though.

Chelsea are absolutely going to get demolished by Citeh in the final. Minimum 4 goal final margin.

Chelsea are absolutely going to get demolished by Citeh in the final. Minimum 4 goal final margin.
I feel a lot more confident now that you've said this.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Actually amazing that Chelsea sh*t the bed and got saved by Spurs. They were genuinely staring down the barrel of two cup finals and top four and coming up with absolutely nothing.

Now the CL final is a free hit. I dont like their chances of beating City though.
If Kante is still injured we are completely ****ed.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Looks like 2019 was my last hurrah on the contested/uncontested likes stuff glenferry23

I think it's coincided with a number of Bay posters being permad off the site too though.

Posting styles certainly change over time. My gratuitous Simpsons posting hasn’t though haha.

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea

Free hit for what? To qualify for the same competition we’re in the final for? I’d happily give up qualification for next year’s tournament if we won this years one (yes I’m aware we auto qualify if we win but just as a hypothetical). I don’t think we were going into the final just to requalify for next year if we missed top 4.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Thank you for not giving us the kiss of death.

I have never been more certain about anything in my life. I am convinced City threw the game against Chelsea the other week to lure Chelski into a false sense of security. Vintage mind games from Pep. But come what may, on Champions League Final day, we will see a similar result/outcome to what Liverpool dished out to Tottenham 2 years ago.
You should rightfully be proud that you beat Madrid and made the final, but this City team is a team of Destiny.

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
I have never been more certain about anything in my life. I am convinced City threw the game against Chelsea the other week to lure Chelski into a false sense of security. Vintage mind games from Pep. But come what may, on Champions League Final day, we will see a similar result/outcome to what Liverpool dished out to Tottenham 2 years ago.
You should rightfully be proud that you beat Madrid and made the final, but this City team is a team of Destiny.

Been on this forum for nearly 18 years now and this takes the cake for the dumbest comment I've seen.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
If Kante is still injured we are completely f’ed.
I think you're ******* either way if I'm honest but weirdly I'm starting to think I want you guys to win. Cant stand Chelsea but there is something nice about City not being able to attain the holy grail of club football even with all their money. Would be funny.

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
The good thing about a final is anything can happen on the day. Over two legs they have us on toast and are also clearly favourites heading into this game. But in a one off game you just never know. FA cup final is a good recent example. Sometimes things go your way, someone hits a banger and your keeper has a blinder. I’m not saying any of that will necessarily happen but to write a side off (who have earned their spot against some decent opposition), is definitely going a bit early.

Same for the FA Cup semi?

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
We were all but written off playing Bayern in Munich and look how 2012 turned out. Tuchel's had Pep's measure last two games and all pressure is on City to achieve what they've been desperate to for years. City are rightly favourites but the beautiful thing about sport is that there is no forgone conclusion.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Same for the FA Cup semi?

I am that confident of a City Champions Final win that I will change my Avatar to the Chelsea FC Logo from the end of the UCL final until the completion of next season's Premier League Season.

And I would Say the exact same thing if they played Madrid in the Cup Final.

And I realize I am setting myself up for a massive fall here, but this City outfit are the best team on the planet and they have spent and planned too much money and years not to fail at the final hurdle.

Anyhow best of luck to your lads, I have no regrets :)

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Been on this forum for nearly 18 years now and this takes the cake for the dumbest comment I've seen.
Yep.
I think you're ******* either way if I'm honest but weirdly I'm starting to think I want you guys to win. Cant stand Chelsea but there is something nice about City not being able to attain the holy grail of club football even with all their money. Would be funny.
Its a one off game so anything can happen. Im not confident but we all know miracles can happen.

I am that confident of a City Champions Final win that I will change my Avatar to the Chelsea FC Logo from the end of the UCL final until the completion of next season's Premier League Season.

And I realize I am setting myself up for a massive fall here, but this City outfit are the best team on the planet and they have spent and planned too much money and years not to fail at the final hurdle.

Do you have inside word on City's line up?

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Yep.

Its a one off game so anything can happen. Im not confident but we all know miracles can happen.

Good luck mate. More than happy to be proven wrong/have egg on my face.

I just want a good, close entertaining game. Hope it doesn't go to penalties (which I think it is the worst/most cruel way to lose a Cup Final, always preferred the golden goal rule in extra time myself)

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Free hit for what? To qualify for the same competition we’re in the final for? I’d happily give up qualification for next year’s tournament if we won this years one (yes I’m aware we auto qualify if we win but just as a hypothetical). I don’t think we were going into the final just to requalify for next year if we missed top 4.
Obviously you're going in to win it but it's just less pressure that you already have CL qualification now so it's not the European Cup and qualification on the line. So I meant sort of freeing that nothing else is on the line and to just go for it.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams

They are not even the best City side in the past three years. It's a one off game, City rightfully heavy favourites but anything can happen in one game of football.

Back