Draft Expert PMBangers' 2021 Draft Board - Come for the R1 phantom (post #1591), stay for the Simpsons references

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
I went down and watched the 3rd quarter, saw he was playing inside mid. From what I saw he only got a few disposals and wasn't dominant. Conway on the other hand had s huge 3rd quarter, really got the jets going and Paul Curtis was on fire up fwd.
How was the rest of Callaghans game?
3rd quarter was Callaghans only quiet one, Conway good in the second half and Curtis had that purple patch but struggled to impact outside of that 15 minutes

Anyone have the score in the Lions v Knights game?
Lions were disappointing...kicked first goal within a minute, just didn’t fire a shot, no one really stood out, perhaps Number 2 and 21 ...not sure who they were but were best of a beaten side, Nortern under strength and still too good, good players were Trudgeon, Watson, Bowne and Caminitti w 5 on debut. Willmot went off with what looked like a shoulder injury in the 4th.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Lions were disappointing...kicked first goal within a minute, just didn’t fire a shot, no one really stood out, perhaps Number 2 and 21 ...not sure who they were but were best of a beaten side, Nortern under strength and still too good, good players were Trudgeon, Watson, Bowne and Caminitti w 5 on debut. Willmot went off with what looked like a shoulder injury in the 4th.
Number 2 is Jaspa Fletcher, bottom age 2022 draft. Our best kid in next year’s crop.

I'm always on the lookout for awful names in the draft. Early candidate for next year. (Judson leading the pack this year.)
Would assume Judson is leading by some stretch.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Paul Curtis surely climbing draft boards!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
eDPS has been on him for a while now, great performance in the third quarter with those 4 goals and his leading. Personally I'd like to see him add to his crumbing game

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Finn Callaghan might be the first Sandringham player taken if he keeps this form/ improvement up, proved himself as an inside midfielder today against Western Jets
And of course, I can't believe I forgot him, Blake Howes showed it's not just athleticism that got him in the academy squad with a stellar game on the Wing, got to show some good stoppage craft, whilst still getting on the scoreboard and impacting up forward. Luke Nankervis is another Sandy prospect that impressed me, not getting huge numbers (given he's a forward) but got a rotation through the midfield where he got to show off that high level agility he proved at the testing day. Keeps his hands free really well when being tackled which just keeps Sandy going because he gets it out easily.

Harrison White and Liam Conway are two that I really like as possible MSD options, White might be a smidgeon too small to make AFL unfortunately, but has a really good boot and agility. Conway is just a beast that's near impossible to stop when he gets rolling, lacks a bit of cleanliness with his handballing but everything else is really good.

Harry O

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool
And of course, I can't believe I forgot him, Blake Howes showed it's not just athleticism that got him in the academy squad with a stellar game on the Wing, got to show some good stoppage craft, whilst still getting on the scoreboard and impacting up forward. Luke Nankervis is another Sandy prospect that impressed me, not getting huge numbers (given he's a forward) but got a rotation through the midfield where he got to show off that high level agility he proved at the testing day. Keeps his hands free really well when being tackled which just keeps Sandy going because he gets it out easily.

Harrison White and Liam Conway are two that I really like as possible MSD options, White might be a smidgeon too small to make AFL unfortunately, but has a really good boot and agility. Conway is just a beast that's near impossible to stop when he gets rolling, lacks a bit of cleanliness with his handballing but everything else is really good.
Howes played a lot of junior footy as an athletic intercepting and rebounding key defender. Has a few tricks and should fill out nicely in a few years.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Howes played a lot of junior footy as an athletic intercepting and rebounding key defender. Has a few tricks and should fill out nicely in a few years.
Actually took a couple of intercept grabs around the ground funnily enough, could see why he'd be deployed as an attacking half back sort

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
late may phantom.PNG

Another week another below par first round phantom attempt. My rankings are constantly changing as I review notes/ see more footage or games, and it's reflecting in these phantoms some what. I must admit I was initially planning to do my top 40 rankings update at some stage this week, but I want a couple more weeks of games before putting it out because there are some really dramatic changes to it.

Anyway, more of this, a few noteworthy selections:

I have Rachele rated in my top 10 and he was in consideration for Carlton as well, but I rate Sinn that smidgeon higher. He'd be a Richmond consideration as well, but aiming for this to be somewhat realistic I don't think he's quite the Richmond sort of Small Forward.

JVR I'm pretty sure will slide to a late first/ early second selection come actual draft night, but on a needs basis I have him going to Richmond here, I also considered a Sam Darcy bid here, but happier with a JVR selection atm.

I was tossing up between Sinn and Callaghan going to Carlton and the other to Essendon, from this year I've like Callaghan a lot more but given prior form Sinn retains the spot above in a phantom draft sense, I'm waiting to see the two of them + Chesser back in the Sandy midfield to see how they balance it out, if Callaghan gets forced back to the wing I'd be disappointed given he looks better on the inside than either imo

The last two picks I kept tossing up between Hobbs, Draper, Murley, Howes, Andrews, MacDonald, Banks, Rayson, Browne. I reckon that 20-30 region is fairly even at this stage, so it'll be an interesting point at the champs to see if they can create some separation between each other

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
View attachment 1137450
Another week another below par first round phantom attempt. My rankings are constantly changing as I review notes/ see more footage or games, and it's reflecting in these phantoms some what. I must admit I was initially planning to do my top 40 rankings update at some stage this week, but I want a couple more weeks of games before putting it out because there are some really dramatic changes to it.

Anyway, more of this, a few noteworthy selections:

I have Rachele rated in my top 10 and he was in consideration for Carlton as well, but I rate Sinn that smidgeon higher. He'd be a Richmond consideration as well, but aiming for this to be somewhat realistic I don't think he's quite the Richmond sort of Small Forward.

JVR I'm pretty sure will slide to a late first/ early second selection come actual draft night, but on a needs basis I have him going to Richmond here, I also considered a Sam Darcy bid here, but happier with a JVR selection atm.

I was tossing up between Sinn and Callaghan going to Carlton and the other to Essendon, from this year I've like Callaghan a lot more but given prior form Sinn retains the spot above in a phantom draft sense, I'm waiting to see the two of them + Chesser back in the Sandy midfield to see how they balance it out, if Callaghan gets forced back to the wing I'd be disappointed given he looks better on the inside than either imo

The last two picks I kept tossing up between Hobbs, Draper, Murley, Howes, Andrews, MacDonald, Banks, Rayson, Browne. I reckon that 20-30 region is fairly even at this stage, so it'll be an interesting point at the champs to see if they can create some separation between each other
Fremantle getting a look at all three of the WA talls is exactly what I would be hoping for.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Boy oh boy wow wee.

If we went Long over Goater...

You should know Brisbane almost always pick mates. If we went Ned Long, and we need a hbf’er with speed and who can kick, Darcy Wilmot would be an obvious choice.

Still, I can’t get past Sam Banks being a Brisbane type player.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Boy oh boy wow wee.

If we went Long over Goater...

You should know Brisbane almost always pick mates. If we went Ned Long, and we need a hbf’er with speed and who can kick, Darcy Wilmot would be an obvious choice.

Still, I can’t get past Sam Banks being a Brisbane type player.
You complain about these all the time, happy I don’t do them anymore 😂

Back