2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't rate moyle I'd rather we went after Flynn or sweet from the dogs post season, for me sweet looks like a witts clone ..

would also be keen to get a goal kicker from the vfl Greene, singrello, or adduci to allow rankie play more wing ...

We can always go after Moyle if available as there is no assurances either of Flynn or Sweet would want to come to the Suns. Plus the mid season draft is a free hit really

I haven't minded some of what I've seen from Chol but the Tigers board generally s**t on him.
Say he is weak in the contest

3x400k for a guy who will be 25 years old before he walks in the door and doesn't have a track record of good AFL level performances behind him...
I genuinely thought he was 21.

Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 8.37.52 pm.png

What contract would you offer him at Richmond THE_GUN ?

He's not that bad, he would be an upgrade on Smith and Conroy which is what we need. Better options out there, if he willing to take less than 250k and prove himself then sure

His family moved to australia when he was 8 or 9 years old and he played for Yeronga South Brisbane Devils and started playing AFL as a 13 year old
was part of the lions academy in 2014-2015
I really like Chol , worse case scenario delist him , not worth much , no need to paid draft pick . GCS fan here is a bit ......., Want to attract superstar but not in Top 8 for 10 years , CCJ is a top 20 pick most probably a swap with Port with their Vic young ruck .

Chol is not a superstar but serviceble and provide cover for position in AFL and VFL , better than GCS 17 years old academy kids . Scrimshaw, Wright , Lyons, ah Chee all get sick being trash by part timer week in and out in lower league .

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really like Chol , worse case scenario delist him , not worth much , no need to paid draft pick . GCS fan here is a bit ......., Want to attract superstar but not in Top 8 for 10 years , CCJ is a top 20 pick most probably a swap with Port with their Vic young ruck .

Chol is not a superstar but serviceble and provide cover for position in AFL and VFL , better than GCS 17 years old academy kids . Scrimshaw, Wright , Lyons, ah Chee all get sick being trash by part timer week in and out in lower league .

Pretty much correct he is a free hit in regards to draft picks and will just cost $$$
Sounds like Richmond would like to keep him but not really a priority
Some players just dont get an opportunity at their current clubs but are the correct piece at another club

Free agent taking up spot #44 on a list, Not the worst player on any list but i know he likes the club and wants to stay with good close friends in Shai Bolton , Dan Rioli , Maurice & Egg Smith

Not even getting a game at Port is an issue , Sounds as though no improvement since delisting

Surely players like Chol and Buzza are the absolute last resort?

No way Chol is getting $400k a year, he'll probably get delisted from Richmond. Should be offered rookie level wages and if that's not enough move on.

Lots of talented players not drafted last year due to covid, better off taking a chance on them than Buzza.

Well he is a free agent so no trade required just have to convince him to come over
$400k x 3 years should do it and Tigers will let him walk
80k take it or play VFL with Werribee He is just a role player .Career or semi pro be with his friend .

The coaches report on both players from Richmond's VFL Rd6 game against Brisbane last weekend.......

Mabior Chol (22 disposals, seven marks, seven clearances, three goals)

"Maintained his good form in his home state. He took strong contested marks, followed up well in the ruck and hit the scoreboard again. Most importantly, his attitude has been absolutely first-class and he led the team well on Saturday."

Callum Coleman-Jones (21 disposals, four goals, 11 marks)

"'CJ' is playing at a level above at the moment. He continues to focus on what he can control and is banging the door down for senior selection. His hands were again sensational on the weekend and if it weren’t for some missed opportunities in front of the big sticks, he would have finished with an even bigger bag."

The coaches report on both players from Richmond's VFL Rd6 game against Brisbane last weekend.......

"Maintained his good form in his home state. He took strong contested marks, followed up well in the ruck and hit the scoreboard again. Most importantly, his attitude has been absolutely first-class and he led the team well on Saturday."

"'CJ' is playing at a level above at the moment. He continues to focus on what he can control and is banging the door down for senior selection. His hands were again sensational on the weekend and if it weren’t for some missed opportunities in front of the big sticks, he would have finished with an even bigger bag."
CCJ I hope we take, Chol I would definitely be happy with on a minimal contract

Don't think CCJ come cheap , in his draft year just one pick behind Powell . If he go PSD North , Collingwood , Hawthorn all can get him , presume GCS not dropping on the ladder.

Don't think CCJ come cheap , in his draft year just one pick behind Powell . If he go PSD North , Collingwood , Hawthorn all can get him , presume GCS not dropping on the ladder.
He’s played 1 AFL game since he was drafted. At most he’s a late first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back