EPL Matchday 38

Leicester were 42 points behind Chelsea as of MD29 in Season 2016/17 so I doubt it.

I dunno the exact week the stat was produced but at that point it was correct, which was my point above.

All you worst defending Champions ever can bow down to the Man City team in the 30's that got relegated the season after winning the title.

TBH I think we've been referred to us the worst defending Champions every year we didn't back up a title win. It's just something teams get called. Not something anyone should get bothered by, 95% of football would love the opportunity to put together a bad title defence.

All you worst defending Champions ever can bow down to the Man City team in the 30's that got relegated the season after winning the title.

TBH I think we've been referred to us the worst defending Champions every year we didn't back up a title win. It's just something teams get called. Not something anyone should get bothered by, 95% of football would love the opportunity to put together a bad title defence.
To have a bad title defence you gotta have a title to defend I guess.

You don't know the exact week the stat was produced but you do know at that point it was correct. Interesting.

I remember the discussion at the time and remember similar complaints from you and Pool fans at the time. Not particularly surprising.

Sorry Man City, we're going to give Liverpool the title this season because they feel so hard done by.
It's only fair after what they've been through.

Well 2 teams handled it better.
The hurdles he's talking about was having all our senior centre backs out injured (VVD, Gomez, Matip), then both our makeshift CBs (Henderson and Fabinho) get injured, and also both CB jan signings (Kabak and Davies) get injured. We got into the top 3 with a centre back partnership where one guy was a bench player for a 2nd div german side and the other was playing non-league for Kidderminster Harriers last season.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
The hurdles he's talking about was having all our senior centre backs out injured (VVD, Gomez, Matip), then both our makeshift CBs (Henderson and Fabinho) get injured, and also both CB jan signings (Kabak and Davies) get injured. We got into the top 3 with a centre back partnership where one guy was a bench player for a 2nd div german side and the other was playing non-league for Kidderminster Harriers last season.
To be fair, missing Gomez and Matip wasn't anything. In fact it probably led to a better pair of CBs in Henderson and Fabinho playing. Less goals were leaked with those two at CB than Matip.

Apr 14, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal
All better than Holding or Mustafi.

To be fair, missing Gomez and Matip wasn't anything. In fact it probably led to a better pair of CBs in Henderson and Fabinho playing. Less goals were leaked with those two at CB than Matip.
I rate Matip highly (although he's made of paper and is turning 30 soon) and Gomez not so much. Fabinho and Hendo did well but the problem was our midfield got severely weakened. We also won 0 games with Fabinho at CB in 2021, once he got put back in midfield we went on a late run.

All better than Holding or Mustafi.
Kabak should be available, I'd sell Ben Davies to you for 4mil if I could also.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
I rate Matip highly (although he's made of paper and is turning 30 soon) and Gomez not so much. Fabinho and Hendo did well but the problem was our midfield got severely weakened. We also won 0 games with Fabinho at CB in 2021, once he got put back in midfield we went on a late run.
Yeah but you also couldn't score

Yeah but you also couldn't score
My point is Fabinho's move back into midfield, whilst not directly scoring or assisting, majorly helped team balance and all of a sudden we started scoring and winning again. Whatever our midfield was before (EG: Thiago or Gini in the 6 instead of LCM/RCM, with Jones or Milner or whoever also there) wasn't working.

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Oh.. injuries s**t that’s rough. First and probably last side to have them.

I hope Liverpool do think that everything is fine and dandy and it was just pure dumb luck with injuries that stood between them and success.

Oh.. injuries sh*t that’s rough. First and probably last side to have them.

I hope Liverpool do think that everything is fine and dandy and it was just pure dumb luck with injuries that stood between them and success.

All I said was it was a good effort to come 3rd with 7 CBs out. I'm not complaining that it's cost us anything.

All I said was it was a good effort to come 3rd with 7 CBs out. I'm not complaining that it's cost us anything.
Every other *er at your club is.

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Yeah nah, most are happy with finishing 3rd after having 7 CB's out injured when a 9th-10th place finish looked more likely.
Oh turn up the waterworks. Every ******* club has injuries and most of your losses came because your club couldn’t ******* score at home for a out 2 months. Excuses, sob stories, water works, unprecedented hurdles, all part of the bullshit we’ve heard all season.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Oh turn up the waterworks. Every ******* club has injuries and most of your losses came because your club couldn’t ******* score at home for a out 2 months. Excuses, sob stories, water works, unprecedented hurdles, all part of the bullshit we’ve heard all season.

Nice melt.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Think he might also be hinting at Ali's Dad and Klopp's Mum too. :(

Back