Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
How many of these deserve to be PPV in this threads opinions?

Mayweather v Paul probably, that's about it, and the people buying that won't be boxing fans.

Still pretty happy about the boxing on tomorrow night, hoping it continues the trend of good local cards. Huni must feel the pressure, having fights already booked after this one would be a great motivator for his opponent.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
Donaire v Oubaali is on regular fox sports/kayo so you're fine there

I feel Tim's exhausted his domestic PPV options. I'm over seeing him at this level so don't want to be paying for it
Huni/Gallen will depend a bit on undercard, similar with Lopez/Kambosos

The thing that annoys me with Teo/Kambosos is Teo/Loma was on ESPN yet somehow this fight commands $60? Just don't see it

None of these fights are 'blockbusters' worthy of PPV but we're so conditioned to accept it. All that said, I'll probably cave and get the Teo/Huni fights. Tim will depend on that particular nights plans. I think, like you, I'll end up paying for a chunk of this even though it isn't 'worth it'. Doesn't help solve the ridiculousness of PPV doing that though does it haha

It's an absolute rort.

I stream all of Tzsyu's fights from a Russian broadcaster. I am not paying to watch him take the piss out of Zerafa. Once he starts fighting the top end I will happily pay good money to see it. But for now, I will cop the Russian commentary.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
It's an absolute rort.

I stream all of Tzsyu's fights from a Russian broadcaster. I am not paying to watch him take the piss out of Zerafa. Once he starts fighting the top end I will happily pay good money to see it. But for now, I will cop the Russian commentary.

You know you're a real fight fan when you watch a broadcast in another language, we've all done it I'm sure ha ha

Love my Wednesday night fights, couple of quiet beers, great way to do hump day

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lucas Browne has a fight in Dubai in July. Christ knows how he conned a promoter into another (i assume) paid fight. Baffling to me

You know you're a real fight fan when you watch a broadcast in another language, we've all done it I'm sure ha ha

Love my Wednesday night fights, couple of quiet beers, great way to do hump day
Good stuff tonight with Hardman and Huni. Hopefully i'm home in time for both those, haven't checked what else is on the undercard

Zerafa makes sense if he loses to Tim Tszyu, they're both good talkers so could make a great co-main to something
He has skills and is a good talker but fighting a bloke who’s off a 2 year lay off does absolutely nothing

Do people see Hardman as a decent prospect?

Impresses me less each time I see him. Seems very straightforward and a bit sluggish.
I’ve only seen him fight twice and he’s looked good but then he hasn’t fought much

Don’t think he’s lost in either mma or boxing but it’s time for a step up for sure

I’ve only seen him fight twice and he’s looked good but then he hasn’t fought much

Don’t think he’s lost in either mma or boxing but it’s time for a step up for sure

Thought he really struggled against Tej Singh.

He's got time, but I've got a feeling that his ceiling isn't that high.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
He has skills and is a good talker but fighting a bloke who’s off a 2 year lay off does absolutely nothing

I guess he got paid and a good workout during his training camp. But your point is fair, this bloke was also a light heavy who came down to super middle, makes it even harder.

Hardman looked slightly pudgy, well pudgy is not the right word, maybe not as ripped, I guess at super middle there was no issue with weight etc, another reason he could take the fight.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Thought he really struggled against Tej Singh.

He's got time, but I've got a feeling that his ceiling isn't that high.

I feel like he had the wrong plan that night, not sure why he tried to fight him in close. I feel like Singh has a style that might make most look average, I guess we'll see how good Hardman ends up.

The Dougster

All Australian
Dec 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's an absolute rort.

Tim's first big fight overseas will be worth buying

Back